• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Merryl Lynch Logo is dead

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

EVERYONE agrees with the decision. EVERYONE, Joe.

Question? Is the USF Administrations 401K managed by Merrill Lynch ?? Just wondering...

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Is the old logo gear on sale at the bookstore yet?

Pennies on the dollar I'd guess.

Not yet. I have an eye on it to jump on the polo.

Edit: Speaking of, I highly recommend checking out the bookstore's clearance section right now. I just picked up one of the coaches polos for $16 instead of its normal list price of $65. There's similar deep discounts for other apparel.

Edited by &rew Bull
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

EVERYONE agrees with the decision. EVERYONE, Joe.

Ok, Joe just took the bullet for his team sometimes a management position sucks. Yes they screwed the pooch on this one but...what's done is done hopefully all can move on. Of course $$ money was wasted on this idea but far less than one of the bad coaching hires of the past I'm sure. The POSITIVE out of all this??  We had a "united voice" that forced a change. We all felt strongly about our Bull's U logo and what it represents to us. If that power were a constant just think what could be attained at USF. We are one university with one logo..... Go Bull's !

**now I think marketing needs to take an amount equal to what they spent on this ahhh, idea.. out of their budget and donate it to the Football Facility...yeah yeah, I like unicorns too. :04-rock:

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Does the agency, or the designer, behind the logo put it in their portfolio? Imagine the feeling of wasted effort that must come from this canning of the logo.

Edited by Gismo

image.gif.b390edfeddf73c441ad7fb0eed98d7bc.gifI'd rather be represented by this Bull

It represents my attitude better than Prancing Bull...it was kinda cute though in a Disney kinda way...

• Upvote 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

7 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Ok, Joe just took the bullet for his team sometimes a management position sucks. Yes they screwed the pooch on this one but...what's done is done hopefully all can move on. Of course $$ money was wasted on this idea but far less than one of the bad coaching hires of the past I'm sure. The POSITIVE out of all this??  We had a "united voice" that forced a change. We all felt strongly about our Bull's U logo and what it represents to us. If that power were a constant just think what could be attained at USF. We are one university with one logo..... Go Bull's !

**now I think marketing needs to take an amount equal to what they spent on this ahhh, idea.. out of their budget and donate it to the Football Facility...yeah yeah, I like unicorns too. :04-rock:

Joe and “his team” should have their right to vote taken away, and only restored if and when they make full restitution to USF.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Gismo said:

Does the agency, or the designer, behind the logo put it in their portfolio? Imagine the feeling of wasted effort that must come from this canning of the logo.

This implies there was effort. Not just the design but due diligence regarding the similar (eyeball test) to Merril Lynch and focus groups.  Maybe just plain old asking  “hey what do you think of this?” with students and alumni.

The other weird thing is I seem to recall initially this group (maybe it was some other group) was charged with consolidating fonts, logos, graphics and instead went in a very strange direction that created another layer of confusion. 

Final Thought. USF football has had a tough time putting butts in the stands. There has been an effort to get the student body more interested/involved. It's a fact that many of today's students aren't into football, outdoors or sweating and many don't understand it. So with a marketing push by Kelly to get students involved why would USF Academics then create a program that by it's own identity removes it from their own Athletics Dept. identity/efforts? Why would academics want to stand alone? Aren't these Student Athletes representing our university? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Final Thought. USF football has had a tough time putting butts in the stands. There has been an effort to get the student body more interested/involved. It's a fact that many of today's students aren't into football, outdoors or sweating and many don't understand it. So with a marketing push by Kelly to get students involved why would USF Academics then create a program that by it's own identity removes it from their own Athletics Dept. identity/efforts? Why would academics want to stand alone? Aren't these Student Athletes representing our university? 

Wasn’t the ML bull replacing a USF academic logo that already was separated from Athletics? Or am I confused about that?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Wasn’t the ML bull replacing a USF academic logo that already was separated from Athletics? Or am I confused about that?

No, you're correct.  Up to this point the, "Bull U" had not been used for academics.