• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do I sense optimism?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

12 hours ago, JTrue said:

It can’t be worse.

It's all about the pass rush off the edge and the LB play.  I don't feel super confident about either one of those right out of the gate.   I think the secondary will be better just because they have a legitimate coach now (they were young as a unit too) and the DT's should be much better because The oldest guys in the 4 man rotation last season are just now juniors and all have flashed some talent.  None of this matters if we can set the edge against the run, rush the passer from the end spot, and have LB's that can shed blocks and make tackles.   

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,106
  • Days Won:  6

16 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

.......how long did you say you were away.  Were you stranded on a deserted island like Tom Hanks (messing with ya).

That about describes it.

45 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I think the secondary will be better just because they have a legitimate coach now ...

Anyone want to tell Tom Hanks who our new coach is and why is he legitimate? 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,510
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

It's all about the pass rush off the edge and the LB play.  I don't feel super confident about either one of those right out of the gate.   I think the secondary will be better just because they have a legitimate coach now (they were young as a unit too) and the DT's should be much better because The oldest guys in the 4 man rotation last season are just now juniors and all have flashed some talent.  None of this matters if we can set the edge against the run, rush the passer from the end spot, and have LB's that can shed blocks and make tackles.   

Tyrik Jones (another player prediction) shall wreck havoc when he arrives. B/W him, a bulked up Livingstone, Greg Reaves we should be straight this year on the edge. I also feel some of the younger guys will step up. As for Linebacker - I think the group we currently have and the grad transfer will surprise. I also like the 2 freshman we have coming in. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

test

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 hours ago, MMW said:

That about describes it.

Anyone want to tell Tom Hanks who our new coach is and why is he legitimate? 

Steve Ellis is the new DB coach.  He's very well regarded in coaching circles and has sent multiple guys to the NFL from a small program.   Also, it was pretty much kind of common knowledge that Blue Adams (former db coach) was more recruiter than coach.  I think that proved to be very true as we played a ton of young guys in the secondary last season and they showed no progress between the first game and the disaster that was our bowl game.  

Here's a good article on him.  

https://www.dnj.com/story/sports/college/mtsu/2019/02/08/mtsu-football-steve-ellis-rick-stockstill-usf-football/2767828002/

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,725
  • Days Won:  0

My optimism for Bulls sports has never been higher. Of course that means (according to some on TBP) I will probably be sorely disappointed, and that's okay because to me that's the risk of being a fan (yeah, yeah, I know... somebody please "fix it for me" by adding "Bulls" in front of the word fan 😂).

Just remember, in TBP (and I've been here a whole lot longer than my profile lets on), the meme will likely end up like this...optimist-im-a-glass-is-half-full-kind-of-guy-33609248-picsay.thumb.png.f2e81452f74f6e493d43d2dbd14018ed.png

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

We are better and more seasoned on both lines( the key to college football) we have playmakers and an offensive coach who knows how to use them, our lbs and secondary will be deeper and more battle-tested....i am as optimistic as ive ever been but im known to wear the goggles....i also think ucif will take a step back with their line losses and we dont play houston...watch out for cinncy but we get them at home