Jump to content

Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

  • Members do not see this ad, Register today
Sign in to follow this  
Brad

Greatest Offensive Breakout? (Poll)

BULLS POLLS  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Select your favorite(s) to have a breakout 2019.

You may select more than one.  If you select other, please state who and why.

I did not add the OL, if you think an O-lineman worthy, please state so.

Any color commentary is invited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ford is going to be a problem in the slot.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My sleeper (has been for a couple years) is Stanley Clerveaux.  Now a senior, I hope his time has come.  🤞

 

CLERVEAUX’S CAREER HIGHS
Receptions             5, (2X), last vs. Tulane (11/3/18)
Receiving Yards    51, vs. Marshall (12/20/18)
Long Reception     25, vs. Marshall (12/20/18)

2018: Set career highs in catches (22), receiving yards (196), games played (13) and starts (9)…started and made three catches for a career-best 51 yards, including a career-long 25-yard catch, in the Gasparilla Bowl vs. Marshall (12/20)...started and set a career high with five catches for 42 yards at Houston (10/27)…matched his career high with five catches and had 50 receiving yards against Tulane (11/3)…made at least one catch in seven games, including three receptions against Elon (9/1) and UCF (11/23)...was granted a sixth season of eligibility by the NCAA prior to the start of the season.

2017: Totaled two catches for 12 yards with a long of 10 yards in nine games… made his first-career start against Illinois (9/15).

2016: Appeared in three games, totaling one catch for 8 yards. 

2015: Injured his knee during fall camp and missed the entire season.

2014: Redshirt season…underwent shoulder surgery after suffering an injury in practice.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Brad said:

Select your favorite(s) to have a breakout 2019.

You may select more than one.  If you select other, please state who and why.

I did not add the OL, if you think an O-lineman worthy, please state so.

Any color commentary is invited.

Donovan Jennings shall be a bully this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they get the passing game going the way Bell has told me he wants, you will see 4-5 WRs getting many touches which may limit who will have a break out year. 

What this will do is only have 5- 6 in the box and with the running scheme that will be used, Cronkrite may have a monster year. Bell gave me his expectation for him which I will not repeat but let’s just say it’s a lofty goal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Johnny is done this year we will be comparing him to the pantheon of great USF football players of the past...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Johnny Ford had a breakout season last year.  How can he have two? I get it, he may have a better season... but to call it a breakout season is a little ridiculous. Mitch Wilcox?  I mean breakout?  really?  Cronkrite rushed for over 1000 yards last season and broke a single game record. St Felix? I'd say him Mossing people last year a breakout season.  Barnett?... maybe, solely because of how we ended the season.

The others are legit and from that list I'll take McDoom but cheering for Clerveaux.

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Donovan Jennings shall be a bully this year

Watched him on the sidelines during scrimmage and spring game.... he's vocal... he also plays with a serious attitude.  He's a guy I can see playing at the next level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Johnny Ford had a breakout season last year.  How can he have two? I get it, he may have a better season... but to call it a breakout season is a little ridiculous. Mitch Wilcox?  I mean breakout?  really?  Cronkrite rushed for over 1000 yards last season and broke a single game record. St Felix? I'd say him Mossing people last year a breakout season.  Barnett?... maybe, solely because of how we ended the season.

The others are legit and from that list I'll take McDoom but cheering for Clerveaux.

Watched him on the sidelines during scrimmage and spring game.... he's vocal... he also plays with a serious attitude.  He's a guy I can see playing at the next level. 

I think Ford qualifies because he's playing a position he's never played before and it's not exactly like he got alot of targets last season. I also think he's going to be a special player in the slot. Like Ean Randolph but with enough speed to take it to the house. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Johnny Ford had a breakout season last year.  How can he have two? I get it, he may have a better season... but to call it a breakout season is a little ridiculous. Mitch Wilcox?  I mean breakout?  really?  Cronkrite rushed for over 1000 yards last season and broke a single game record. St Felix? I'd say him Mossing people last year a breakout season.  Barnett?... maybe, solely because of how we ended the season.

The others are legit and from that list I'll take McDoom but cheering for Clerveaux.

Watched him on the sidelines during scrimmage and spring game.... he's vocal... he also plays with a serious attitude.  He's a guy I can see playing at the next level. 

What Johnny is going to do I s beyond breakout. Mark my words he will be at a higher level next year and we will have at least 5 draw dropping moments...similar to that kid who plays for the Colts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What Johnny is going to do I s beyond breakout. Mark my words he will be at a higher level next year and we will have at least 5 draw dropping moments...similar to that kid who plays for the Colts. 

I'm not saying he's not going to put up good numbers.  A breakout season though?  I mean everyone knows who he is and have he comes into this season with big expectations.  

 

57 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What Johnny is going to do I s beyond breakout. Mark my words he will be at a higher level next year and we will have at least 5 draw dropping moments...similar to that kid who plays for the Colts. 

He had 5 last season.

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

I think Ford qualifies because he's playing a position he's never played before and it's not exactly like he got alot of targets last season. I also think he's going to be a special player in the slot. Like Ean Randolph but with enough speed to take it to the house. 

He played it some in high school and he caught a touchdown out of the slot last season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...