• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it just me or do you get the feeling...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

After watching the Spring Game, seeing immediate impact transfers, the Qb room, the talent of the recent young guys and recent recruits... I feel like this program has caught fire. 

I'm going to step out and say this... 11-2.

Two losses will be a nail biter with one of the 3 p5 on the schedule and a bowl loss to a highly ranked p5 in the last 2 mins.

I hope S. King is taking all the notes on Kerwin Bell...he will be here 1 year or 2 years tops. I think Bell is special and someone will pay him handsomely.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

3 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

I think Bell is special and someone will pay him handsomely.

I would hope we would.  🤐

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

6 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

After watching the Spring Game, seeing immediate impact transfers, the Qb room, the talent of the recent young guys and recent recruits... I feel like this program has caught fire. 

I'm going to step out and say this... 11-2.

Two losses will be a nail biter with one of the 3 p5 on the schedule and a bowl loss to a highly ranked p5 in the last 2 mins.

I hope S. King is taking all the notes on Kerwin Bell...he will be here 1 year or 2 years tops. I think Bell is special and someone will pay him handsomely.

I agree. Im loving the 2020 recruiting class so far and if we can hold onto them the future looka bright. As 4 King, I would hope afteesitting behind 4 different OCs, that he would be ready if Bell as 2 leave is to take over. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

I thought it was just you but looks like I was mistaken ....

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We have lots of momentum right now and hopefully we can carry that into and through the season.  The wheels can come off quickly if we don't out of the gate fast this season so hopefully the team does it's part this fall. 

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I dunno if momentum is the right word but there is a different energy around this program than there was the last two years.  I really do think those coaches leaving has a ton to do with it.  it was like cutting out a cancer, and it's not just my disdain for Gilbert as the others were doing worse things behind the scenes that were poisoning the program from the inside...   The energy that Bell and his guys have brought is palpable 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

20 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

The energy that Bell and his guys have brought is palpable 

This is what I see.  He's not a stoic like Charlie, he oozes optimism and excitement.  He gets happy with a great play.  I think the offense is going to love him.  And every time that defense slips, we'll just have to #PlayFastScoreFaster.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

7 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I dunno if momentum is the right word but there is a different energy around this program than there was the last two years.  I really do think those coaches leaving has a ton to do with it.  it was like cutting out a cancer, and it's not just my disdain for Gilbert as the others were doing worse things behind the scenes that were poisoning the program from the inside...   The energy that Bell and his guys have brought is palpable 

I think Spicer and Ellis are making a huge impact on the culture as well. I think the best thing about Ellis is that in addition 2 being a good coach, he is also a great recruiter. 

9 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think Spicer and Ellis are making a huge impact on the culture as well. I think the best thing about Ellis is that in addition 2 being a good coach, he is also a great recruiter. 

I kinda lumped them in with Bell's guys.  Should have phrased it all of the new additions.  But the Bells, Darveau, Ellis, and Spicer all are a huge part of this new energy. 

For me it's more important that Ellis can actually coach (unlike Adams) as we are still relatively young in the secondary.   Also, Adams has a reputation a very good recruiter and not a very good coach and that showed during his time here, then you add in the stuff he was doing behind the scenes and good riddance.... 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

So you're going with 11-2 .....? :shade:

Hope you guys are right .... cancerous coaches/players carved out .... players still here have at least a year's worth of added experience ... an offense and defense  that those that were here will do a better job of executing. Biggest thing I took away from the Spring game was that, at least from the initial look, we've definitely upgraded the #2/3 qb positions. Only other thing I can say is that, in college football, the Spring game to the regular season is like in the NHL, the reg season to the post season. It's a different animal ................ and **** yeah, I'm still bitter.