• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Team-wise, what would you like to see improve?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Free throw shooting.  

Consistency 

Not standing around on offense 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

10 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

Kiir is not a point guard trapped in a 6'8 +/- body. I'm sorry but that is lol funny. If you had written: 

Kiir thinks he is Kevin Durant. 

I would have called you the MVP of this thread.

Kiir is only good for two dribbles. After his second dribble something bad usually happens. He travels, loses his dribble, commits an offensive foul or throws up an ill-advised shot. His decision-making with the ball in his hands especially on the move is not very good. His feel for the game is average at best. What he is good at is running, jumping and dunking.

I don't know how you get a point guard out of that (lack of) skill.

Durr needs to get stronger, improve his footwork in traffic and play like an athletic 7 footer. Some older/stronger centers took him to school, like the first Houston game, the second UCONN game and of course both UCF games. Durr will be fine I think. Very good work ethic I'm told.

I'll take that.  I think he thinks he's a PG, but in a 6'8" body.  Or Kevin Durant, that might be better.  Spot on about the two dribbles.  That's the point.  And another good point, "his feel for the game".  He has a lot to learn about the game still and where he can excel.

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Castaneda-  First thing, on the offensive side he just needs to SLOW DOWN.   His speed is a great attribute but sometimes he just plays fast to play fast and it leads to mistakes.  It's probably mostly just maturity but that would go a long way.  He needs to work on his scoring in every facet, especially finishing around the rim.  He's great at getting to the basket he just needs to finish those drives. 

Castaneda is another that I felt got better down the stretch.  Became more trustworthy.  That's always a good sign heading into the offseason.  Could be an instrumental sophomore next season, in what sounds like a crowded backcourt.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Did you watch the same video I did? There are about a half dozen dunks on that highlight video. Not that it’s really important. The early highlights appear to be from 5 years ago, which would make him what, a sophomore in high school?

Only watched the first minute.  All layups. Had no idea what year in HS that was.  Has his jumper changed?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

Castaneda is another that I felt got better down the stretch.  Became more trustworthy.  That's always a good sign heading into the offseason.  Could be an instrumental sophomore next season, in what sounds like a crowded backcourt.

This in a nut shell is why I'm so excited about next season.  The team as a whole actually matured and got better as the season progressed.  With CBG at the helm I have zero doubts every single guy in the rotation will be a better version of themselves next season.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

44 minutes ago, Brad said:

2 most improved players on the team from  the start of the season were true freshmen. Gotta love that. 

As far as a crowded backcourt next year, I’ll be surprised if Rashun Williams sticks around  Not sure why he didn’t get more playing time this year, especially where we were depleted back there  He seemed to always bring a lot of energy  

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull

Between all of the optimism for both the Basketball and Football programs right now - I definitely feel like I am on an episode of the "Twilight Zone".

I guess this will last until our first loss next year.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

20 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Between all of the optimism for both the Basketball and Football programs right now - I definitely feel like I am on an episode of the "Twilight Zone".

I guess this will last until our first loss next year.

It’s hard not look at the long term and feel good. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

2 most improved players on the team from  the start of the season were true freshmen. Gotta love that. 

As far as a crowded backcourt next year, I’ll be surprised if Rashun Williams sticks around  Not sure why he didn’t get more playing time this year, especially where we were depleted back there  He seemed to always bring a lot of energy  

When he got on the court he was maximum effort. 

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I’ll be surprised if Rashun Williams sticks around  Not sure why he didn’t get more playing time this year, especially where we were depleted back there  He seemed to always bring a lot of energy  

I didn't see enough of him to comment, but with that little slide we had, some chalked that up to exhaustion.  If true, than CBG and his guys know they have to have a rotation deeper than eight.  With the defensive effort required, I think CBG can find time for those that want to perform at their very best every minute on the floor.