• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2019 AAC FOOTBALL POWER RANKINGS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

This.  The new offense and how it will take advantage of our strengths is very exciting but none of it matters if we can't win the LOS more than we lose it and stop people from scoring.   Here's to hoping the OL makes a big jump between now and September 

Let’s hope they can find a LT. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

11 minutes ago, 7overlord said:

Let’s hope they can find a LT. 

Ugh. Not the first time I've heard this 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

Only thing better than pre-season power rankings is pre-season bowl predictions.

😀

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:35 PM, USFRaider said:

my prediction for the team is 7-5 so this rankings are pretty spot on in my opinion.  I think Houston will be decent with Holgorsen coming aboard and unfortunately ucf should be the class of the East again. 

Sounds like you haven't bought in to some of the hype about how great this team will be. Not sure I blame you. I would have to see an improved OL, DL, and LB unit before I start believing that we will post 9+ wins this year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Sounds like you haven't bought in to some of the hype about how great this team will be. Not sure I blame you. I would have to see an improved OL, DL, and LB unit before I start believing that we will post 9+ wins this year.

I have only seen a very small number of people believing anything greater than 7-8 wins. This is a pretty tough schedule.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

18 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I have only seen a very small number of people believing anything greater than 7-8 wins. This is a pretty tough schedule.

This is true, but that small number of people seem to be the most certain of themselves. Not saying those folks are wrong, there is some obvious talent on this team, but I would like to see some on the units that were weaknesses for us in action against real opposition. Just impossible to tell right now how good we are. I just hope we don't suffer a demoralizing beatdown to Whisky right off the bat. Would be nice to start on a positive note after the way last season ended...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

33 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

This is true, but that small number of people seem to be the most certain of themselves. Not saying those folks are wrong, there is some obvious talent on this team, but I would like to see some on the units that were weaknesses for us in action against real opposition. Just impossible to tell right now how good we are. I just hope we don't suffer a demoralizing beatdown to Whisky right off the bat. Would be nice to start on a positive note after the way last season ended...

Great point. Even if they should win the first game I would have concern that they recovered over the win to get ready for GT. This team could go 9-3 and just as easily 3-9. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 4/17/2019 at 1:28 PM, Bulls On Parade said:

I am ok with that we didn't show amazing play to close out the year.

That's an understatement. We s_it the bed to close out last season. I'm concerned about the lack of depth of defense. Hope Strong can mine the portal for some depth. 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

On 4/17/2019 at 7:18 PM, Bulls On Parade said:

I mean when we were pretty good the last few years with Flowers..but yes we haven't finished at the top unfortunately. 

As a long time fan I am no longer interested in our mid-season play.  It feels like a moral victory if we don't win the championship.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I got us winning the conference... 

I'll say this, we may have some insight in terms of players and personnel around the team.  But I've seen guys develop over the summer after spring ball and then people asking "where did he come from?" ...as if players aren't continuing to work on getting better.  I get some have inside info... but unless they are sitting with the coaches during valuations they don't actually know what's going on.

On 4/19/2019 at 1:57 PM, Bull Dozer said:

Ugh. Not the first time I've heard this 

You should be very used to this.  We have only had 1 season in the past 8 where it wasn't a question... it wasn't a question Kofi's senior year, but definitely was his junior year.  So we'll find someone, no doubt in my mind.  I don't think it will be Billy though.