• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bad News / Good News

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Bad news is the Lightning being swept in the first round. Good news is that no collapse by any USF sports team will be worse than this when written about in the future.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

9 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'd say that's fair

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

2007 isn't really a fair example. We were absolutely ROBBED in that Rutgers game. "Illegal forward propulsion" of the football.....give me a break. I can't say with any certainty how that magical ride of a season would have turned out had that Rutgers game been fairly officiated, but I know it definitely had a hangover effect on the next few weeks. 

Last season was more of a disappointment than 2007, in my opinion. We didn't lose because of bad officiating, but rather because of terrible coaching and decision making. 

As for Joey's article, that is pretty standard fare for The Times. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

I would love to think the area was disappointed more in two of our seasons than in any FSU or UF seasons, oh to be that popular.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I would love to think the area was disappointed more in two of our seasons than in any FSU or UF seasons, oh to be that popular.

I don't know whether to laugh or feel sad...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Ghostbuster said:

I don't know whether to laugh or feel sad...

It's better to laugh

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

2007 isn't really a fair example. We were absolutely ROBBED in that Rutgers game. "Illegal forward propulsion" of the football.....give me a break. I can't say with any certainty how that magical ride of a season would have turned out had that Rutgers game been fairly officiated, but I know it definitely had a hangover effect on the next few weeks. 

Last season was more of a disappointment than 2007, in my opinion. We didn't lose because of bad officiating, but rather because of terrible coaching and decision making. 

As for Joey's article, that is pretty standard fare for The Times. 

If only CJL was coaching back then.  I kid, I kid.

Edit: My take on that game. You are right about that FP call being BS and totally changed the game.  But they came out of the tunnel acting like this game was no biggie and their egos may have been over inflated.  

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

If only CJL was coaching back then.  I kid, I kid.

Edit: My take on that game. You are right about that FP call being BS and totally changed the game.  But they came out of the tunnel acting like this game was no biggie and their egos may have been over inflated.  

That game was no biggie for the players at that point and they were playing loose. That erroneous call resulted in the game remaining at 17-10 rather than USF going up 24-10, talk about a major shift in the game. Instead, we miss a FG, they make a FG before halftime, and the game goes to the half 17-13. 

The cynic in me believes that the fix was in and the powers that be were deathly afraid that USF was going to crash the BCS party. They knew enough about the computer rankings to extrapolate what would have happened if USF won out at that point and it wouldn't have been good for their agenda, especially considering ESPN's plans to crush the Big East and leave USF and others out in the cold.