• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Bulls Welcome UNF Tuesday Night

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, JTrue said:

Gotta give Mohl time to get guys in who fit his system. The guys playing now came in under Kingston and ran his system of trying to score more runs than they let up.

Does Mohl even know we have an offense?  Maybe we need a new hitting coach?

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I haven't been able to watch because my schedule has gotten hectic the past couple of weeks, but it just feels like this team has packed it in. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

32 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I haven't been able to watch because my schedule has gotten hectic the past couple of weeks, but it just feels like this team has packed it in. 

Then you are lucky...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

12 hours ago, JTrue said:

Gotta give Mohl time to get guys in who fit his system. The guys playing now came in under Kingston and ran his system of trying to score more runs than they let up.

Please, thats what they are doing now. Under Kingston it was pitching first, hitting second. The pitchers we had last few years were nothing short than the best pitchers USF has seen in a 4-5 year span. Now, pitching is flailing and we are just trying to score more runs. Its too bad that guys like Geno and Philly, Chats , Zech and Deets all have to go out like this. Yeah it hurt when Rags was out for the season but we should have at least one starter who can control a game. There is no one pitcher that has started more than a single game for USF this season with an ERA under 4 and out of the group only Koff has an ERA under 5. Its awful.. Last year pitching was a combined 3.87, this year, thus far, 4.82. But the problem is hitting isn't helping us any either, last year BA .296, this year .259. We had a great team last year and couldn't even win the conf tourney or get out of the regionals. I'm not advocating the fire Mohl rabble rousers to come out of their caves, but Christ, Kingston left the cupboard loaded, and after one year of him being gone this is where we are? This team isn't going to be any better next year, you've got your best hitters graduating, the only guy who may help us next year in hitting in Jake Sullivan. Do we  see Collin Sullivan all of the sudden developing into a top tier pitcher, i dont. So who then is going to be our shutdown friday guy? Some juco transfer? A fresh phenom? I pray i'm wrong but this looks a lot like a baseball's version of a Skippy situation

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

Please, thats what they are doing now. Under Kingston it was pitching first, hitting second. The pitchers we had last few years were nothing short than the best pitchers USF has seen in a 4-5 year span. Now, pitching is flailing and we are just trying to score more runs. Its too bad that guys like Geno and Philly, Chats , Zech and Deets all have to go out like this. Yeah it hurt when Rags was out for the season but we should have at least one starter who can control a game. There is no one pitcher that has started more than a single game for USF this season with an ERA under 4 and out of the group only Koff has an ERA under 5. Its awful.. Last year pitching was a combined 3.87, this year, thus far, 4.82. But the problem is hitting isn't helping us any either, last year BA .296, this year .259. We had a great team last year and couldn't even win the conf tourney or get out of the regionals. I'm not advocating the fire Mohl rabble rousers to come out of their caves, but Christ, Kingston left the cupboard loaded, and after one year of him being gone this is where we are? This team isn't going to be any better next year, you've got your best hitters graduating, the only guy who may help us next year in hitting in Jake Sullivan. Do we  see Collin Sullivan all of the sudden developing into a top tier pitcher, i dont. So who then is going to be our shutdown friday guy? Some juco transfer? A fresh phenom? I pray i'm wrong but this looks a lot like a baseball's version of a Skippy situation

Dude...he was fishing...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Dude...he was fishing...

Whatever, it felt good to get that off my chest. 

Edited by cophbulls
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

Please, thats what they are doing now. Under Kingston it was pitching first, hitting second. 

This isn't true.  He sent a very clear message to the team when he got here ..... you better be able to hit if you want to play for him.   Of course he had a couple great pitchers, but hitting was a major focus