• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

New WR just may make a difference

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We'll see what happens in the fall.   Tons of competition with McDoom, Ford, Phillips, and the freshmen getting here this summer (Joiner is gunna be a player).  I wish we had some outside guys emerging as we are pretty thing with true outside  WR's.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

We'll see what happens in the fall.   Tons of competition with McDoom, Ford, Phillips, and the freshmen getting here this summer (Joiner is gunna be a player).  I wish we had some outside guys emerging as we are pretty thing with true outside  WR's.  

Agree on the outside guys. McDoom should be getting some reps outside. As important as it is to have Ford/Cronk on the field together, it’s even more important to find a way to have McDoom/Ford/St.Felix on the field together 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

23 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

There is a walk on name Sean Atkins coming in. His film is awesome and he has tons of speed. But for this year, we still have Clearvaux and Dukes. Im good with our receivers for 2019. 

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

There is a walk on name Sean Atkins coming in. His film is awesome and he has tons of speed. But for this year, we still have Clearvaux and Dukes. Im good with our receivers for 2019. 

If we're counting on walk on's we're in trouble.   We need true outside guys that are scholly worthy. Losing Salomon really hurt us as he's at produced at this level.... 

35 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Also Horne coming back  too

30 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Agree on the outside guys. McDoom should be getting some reps outside. As important as it is to have Ford/Cronk on the field together, it’s even more important to find a way to have McDoom/Ford/St.Felix on the field together 

I wouldn't mind seeing some sets that are

Outside McDoom St Felix 

Slot: Ford Horne 

With Cronk in the back field.   That's a ton of speed and versatility.   

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

If we're counting on walk on's we're in trouble.   We need true outside guys that are scholly worthy. Losing Salomon really hurt us as he's at produced at this level.... 

Also Horne coming back  too

Our best DE is a walk on. There are plenty of bad players that never contributed crap that got scholly's. I also think Devantre's Duke has better hands than Salmon did. Speed might be the same too. And I keep forgetting about Horne. We also have a 4 star receiver in Zion Roland on the bench, and three 3 star receivers in the 2019 class including one who is 6'4. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

Dont sleep on Clearveaux 6'3+ and I thought some said in past some of the best hands at that position just had issues with injuries in past.

We are strong at receiver.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

1 minute ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Dont sleep on Clearveaux 6'3+ and I thought some said in past some of the best hands at that position just had issues with injuries in past.

He also went to my high school (North Miami) and is Haitian like myself 😎

44 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Our best DE is a walk on. There are plenty of bad players that never contributed crap that got scholly's. I also think Devantre's Duke has better hands than Salmon did. Speed might be the same too. And I keep forgetting about Horne. We also have a 4 star receiver in Zion Roland on the bench, and three 3 star receivers in the 2019 class including one who is 6'4. 

Yes, some walk on's success but the vast majority are just practice bodies.  Outliers happen.  I could comb the roster and find a ton of walk ons who will never contribute.  

Dukes has flashed before in the spring then disappeared in the fall.  He's had 2 big spring games and disappeared before.   We have no idea if his hands were as good as Salomon because he was never good enough to get on the field when it counted.

Roland is uproven and him stepping up would would be a much welcomed development 

Counting on true freshmen is not a situation you want to be in if you can help it.  I know your shtick is to try to pretend everything is awesome all the time but we have some issues at outside WR...

12 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

We are strong at slot receiver.

Fixed.

To get specific about the outside Guys 

St Felix- Great young player with explosive ability.  

Clearveaux- Solid hands possession guy without much speed.   Staying healthy also an issue.  

Roland- Young guy with some potential would really help if he could put it all together 

Dukes- Been on campus a few years an other than a few highlight reel catches in a couple spring games has done nothing to speak of.  

And that's really about it.  The rest are true freshmen so hopefully one of them can come in, get acclimated, pick up the offense, and contribute.  We need it in a bad way. 

Edited by Bull Dozer