• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did anyone see????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

I think his (Waller) weight and conditioning were something the coaches wanted to get under control because of health and mobility issues.  The fact he’s down 20 pounds shows he’s putting in work.   You can see how physically imposing and strong the kid is and this is only his redshirt freshman year.

Hopple is an imposing guy and he plays with an attitude.  He’s every bit of 6’7 320 lbs and he can move.   I think he’s going to start this season... nothing against Billy but Hopple is bigger and better.  Hopple plays grown man ball and that’s exactly what we need. 

Nothing personal against Billy, but he’s best suited as an OG. Reaves got the best of him quite often in the Spring Game by simply speed rushing him. I don’t blame the staff for giving it a shot and trying to find a place for him, but it’s just not a great fit given his attributes 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

48 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Nothing personal against Billy, but he’s best suited as an OG. Reaves got the best of him quite often in the Spring Game by simply speed rushing him. I don’t blame the staff for giving it a shot and trying to find a place for him, but it’s just not a great fit given his attributes 

That literally sums up my feelings about Billy.  I'm wouldn't be upset if he loses his position, that means the Oline has gotten that much better where a senior starter got beat out by guy who has 2 more years to play.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, IBulleve said:

I think this is it.  He started out the Spring as a guard but they moved him around to try to find the best unit.   I wouldn't be surprised at all if he finds himself back inside this fall. 

On 4/17/2019 at 11:49 AM, Bull Dozer said:

I think this is it.  He started out the Spring as a guard but they moved him around to try to find the best unit.   I wouldn't be surprised at all if he finds himself back inside this fall. 

I don’t think Billy will be a starter. 

no matter where he’s moved to

26 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I don’t think Billy will be a starter. 

no matter where he’s moved to

We shall see 

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

We shall see 

We better hope not because he's not gotten any better in 3 years.

I'll just say from everything I heard out of camp, Billy would be better served on the bench.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

Billy will start somewhere. It's really hard to move from the right side to the left. Your most nimble lineman nwsidws your center will play left tackle. For them to play Billy there all spring is a big indicator that he is the guy or at least the backup.  The only other guy who has game experience at that position is Jennings . You would have to figure it will be one of those 2.

Just to add something about Hopple.  He did not take one snap in the spring game on the left side or with the 1s . That's a big indicator as well that he will not play there in the fall.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, Nick Jefferson said:

Billy will start somewhere. It's really hard to move from the right side to the left. Your most nimble lineman nwsidws your center will play left tackle. For them to play Billy there all spring is a big indicator that he is the guy or at least the backup.  The only other guy who has game experience at that position is Jennings . You would have to figure it will be one of those 2.

Just to add something about Hopple.  He did not take one snap in the spring game on the left side or with the 1s . That's a big indicator as well that he will not play there in the fall.  

Thanks for the informative first post!  

No shyness from @Nick Jefferson

10 minutes ago, Nick Jefferson said:

This is where I'm at too.  The Spring started with Jennings at LT and Billy at right guard then they flip flopped those two and it stuck through the rest of the camp.   I'm not as bullish (no pun intended) about Hopple as some here are as I was told by somebody who's opinion I hold in high regard to "not expect much out of him" when I asked about him.  Apparently while he's a massive human he doesn't play with good bend and isn't as Fluid at tackle so he's easy to get off balance and use that size against him.