• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did anyone see????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

Just curious if anyone saw the following players and if so, how did they do?

Leacock

Waller

Kirby

Vaughn 

William's

Hobble

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

You're actually able to check them out for yourself if you'd like .....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

Leacock wasn't suited up.

Waller was in at DT. Absolutely massive but didn't look to get in on any plays of note.

Vaughn made a solid tackle in the 1st quarter. Got cut down but kept contain to take down one of the QBs that rolled out. It will be nice to see Reaves go hard for 1st-2nd down this year then see Vaughn come in on situational pass rush downs this year.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

35 minutes ago, TBBull717 said:

Waller was in at DT. Absolutely massive but didn't look to get in on any plays of note.

Vaughn made a solid tackle in the 1st quarter. Got cut down but kept contain to take down one of the QBs that rolled out. It will be nice to see Reaves go hard for 1st-2nd down this year then see Vaughn come in on situational pass rush downs this year.

On 3rd downs, I’d actually like to see a package with Reaves opposite Boyles/Vaughn. Livingstone is a great 1st/2nd down DE, but doesn’t have that burst & bend a great pass rusher needs 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

8 hours ago, IBulleve said:

On 3rd downs, I’d actually like to see a package with Reaves opposite Boyles/Vaughn. Livingstone is a great 1st/2nd down DE, but doesn’t have that burst & bend a great pass rusher needs 

they’ll rotate guys anyway and will likely have all kinds of packages for different situations... and Livingstone will be on the field on 3rd down because he actually is a good pass rusher and can hold the edge on runs.  Most offenses play tempo anyway so they’ll have guys in there that do both things well.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,516
  • Days Won:  28

18 hours ago, TBBull717 said:

They need to make up their mind with him. I could have sworn he was officially on the offensive line. 

On 4/14/2019 at 5:25 AM, Corey lea said:

Just curious if anyone saw the following players and if so, how did they do?

Leacock

Waller

Kirby

Vaughn 

William's

Hobble

John Waller is going to be one of our best run stoppers next season.  I think he'll see the field some this season.  I watched the plays he was in specifically and while he didn't get a sack, but did get a pressure and read a screen pretty well, he occupies a lot of space and is very strong.  He's a huge human... I get the feeling by fall you could see him push for time.  He'll be able to hold the middle... I just think it will be a year or so before we see what he's really capable of.  A lot like Pork Chop when he was a Bull.  I think he's develop into that type of player... I'm high on the kid.

Hopple is going to start... Billy is terrible and he looks good.  I wouldn't be shocked to see Norman moved to LT and Hopple started at right... Or Hopple may start at left tackle, which he's played before. 

Edited by Calibull

13 hours ago, Calibull said:

John Waller is going to be one of our best run stoppers next season.  I think he'll see the field some this season.  I watched the plays he was in specifically and while he didn't get a sack, but did get a pressure and read a screen pretty well, he occupies a lot of space and is very strong.  He's a huge human... I get the feeling by fall you could see him push for time.  He'll be able to hold the middle... I just think it will be a year or so before we see what he's really capable of.  A lot like Pork Chop when he was a Bull.  I think he's develop into that type of player... I'm high on the kid.

Hopple is going to start... Billy is terrible and he looks good.  I wouldn't be shocked to see Norman moved to LT and Hopple started at right... Or Hopple may start at left tackle, which he's played before. 

Hopple is another player who really spent some time in the gym. The current photos I saw, he looked like an NFL O-Lineman. I prefer Waller at DT, so I hope they keep him there. He is listed at 322 so he lost over  20Ibs. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

9 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Hopple is another player who really spent some time in the gym. The current photos I saw, he looked like an NFL O-Lineman. I prefer Waller at DT, so I hope they keep him there. He is listed at 322 so he lost over  20Ibs. 

I think his (Waller) weight and conditioning were something the coaches wanted to get under control because of health and mobility issues.  The fact he’s down 20 pounds shows he’s putting in work.   You can see how physically imposing and strong the kid is and this is only his redshirt freshman year.

Hopple is an imposing guy and he plays with an attitude.  He’s every bit of 6’7 320 lbs and he can move.   I think he’s going to start this season... nothing against Billy but Hopple is bigger and better.  Hopple plays grown man ball and that’s exactly what we need. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Calibull said:

I think his (Waller) weight and conditioning were something the coaches wanted to get under control because of health and mobility issues.  The fact he’s down 20 pounds shows he’s putting in work.   You can see how physically imposing and strong the kid is and this is only his redshirt freshman year.

Hopple is an imposing guy and he plays with an attitude.  He’s every bit of 6’7 320 lbs and he can move.   I think he’s going to start this season... nothing against Billy but Hopple is bigger and better.  Hopple plays grown man ball and that’s exactly what we need. 

He already looks like he is in his 30s so he plays grown man ball regardless of how well he plays 😄

• Haha 1