Jump to content

Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

  • Members do not see this ad, Register today
Sign in to follow this  
Corey lea

Did anyone see????

Recommended Posts

Just curious if anyone saw the following players and if so, how did they do?

Leacock

Waller

Kirby

Vaughn 

William's

Hobble

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're actually able to check them out for yourself if you'd like .....

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leacock wasn't suited up.

Waller was in at DT. Absolutely massive but didn't look to get in on any plays of note.

Vaughn made a solid tackle in the 1st quarter. Got cut down but kept contain to take down one of the QBs that rolled out. It will be nice to see Reaves go hard for 1st-2nd down this year then see Vaughn come in on situational pass rush downs this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TBBull717 said:

Leacock wasn't suited up.

Waller was in at DT. Absolutely massive but didn't look to get in on any plays of note.

Vaughn made a solid tackle in the 1st quarter. Got cut down but kept contain to take down one of the QBs that rolled out. It will be nice to see Reaves go hard for 1st-2nd down this year then see Vaughn come in on situational pass rush downs this year.

On 3rd downs, I’d actually like to see a package with Reaves opposite Boyles/Vaughn. Livingstone is a great 1st/2nd down DE, but doesn’t have that burst & bend a great pass rusher needs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IBulleve said:

On 3rd downs, I’d actually like to see a package with Reaves opposite Boyles/Vaughn. Livingstone is a great 1st/2nd down DE, but doesn’t have that burst & bend a great pass rusher needs 

they’ll rotate guys anyway and will likely have all kinds of packages for different situations... and Livingstone will be on the field on 3rd down because he actually is a good pass rusher and can hold the edge on runs.  Most offenses play tempo anyway so they’ll have guys in there that do both things well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TBBull717 said:

Leacock wasn't suited up.

Waller was in at DT. Absolutely massive but didn't look to get in on any plays of note.

Vaughn made a solid tackle in the 1st quarter. Got cut down but kept contain to take down one of the QBs that rolled out. It will be nice to see Reaves go hard for 1st-2nd down this year then see Vaughn come in on situational pass rush downs this year.

They need to make up their mind with him. I could have sworn he was officially on the offensive line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/14/2019 at 5:25 AM, Corey lea said:

Just curious if anyone saw the following players and if so, how did they do?

Leacock

Waller

Kirby

Vaughn 

William's

Hobble

 

John Waller is going to be one of our best run stoppers next season.  I think he'll see the field some this season.  I watched the plays he was in specifically and while he didn't get a sack, but did get a pressure and read a screen pretty well, he occupies a lot of space and is very strong.  He's a huge human... I get the feeling by fall you could see him push for time.  He'll be able to hold the middle... I just think it will be a year or so before we see what he's really capable of.  A lot like Pork Chop when he was a Bull.  I think he's develop into that type of player... I'm high on the kid.

Hopple is going to start... Billy is terrible and he looks good.  I wouldn't be shocked to see Norman moved to LT and Hopple started at right... Or Hopple may start at left tackle, which he's played before. 

Edited by Calibull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Calibull said:

John Waller is going to be one of our best run stoppers next season.  I think he'll see the field some this season.  I watched the plays he was in specifically and while he didn't get a sack, but did get a pressure and read a screen pretty well, he occupies a lot of space and is very strong.  He's a huge human... I get the feeling by fall you could see him push for time.  He'll be able to hold the middle... I just think it will be a year or so before we see what he's really capable of.  A lot like Pork Chop when he was a Bull.  I think he's develop into that type of player... I'm high on the kid.

Hopple is going to start... Billy is terrible and he looks good.  I wouldn't be shocked to see Norman moved to LT and Hopple started at right... Or Hopple may start at left tackle, which he's played before. 

Hopple is another player who really spent some time in the gym. The current photos I saw, he looked like an NFL O-Lineman. I prefer Waller at DT, so I hope they keep him there. He is listed at 322 so he lost over  20Ibs. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Hopple is another player who really spent some time in the gym. The current photos I saw, he looked like an NFL O-Lineman. I prefer Waller at DT, so I hope they keep him there. He is listed at 322 so he lost over  20Ibs. 

I think his (Waller) weight and conditioning were something the coaches wanted to get under control because of health and mobility issues.  The fact he’s down 20 pounds shows he’s putting in work.   You can see how physically imposing and strong the kid is and this is only his redshirt freshman year.

Hopple is an imposing guy and he plays with an attitude.  He’s every bit of 6’7 320 lbs and he can move.   I think he’s going to start this season... nothing against Billy but Hopple is bigger and better.  Hopple plays grown man ball and that’s exactly what we need. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Calibull said:

I think his (Waller) weight and conditioning were something the coaches wanted to get under control because of health and mobility issues.  The fact he’s down 20 pounds shows he’s putting in work.   You can see how physically imposing and strong the kid is and this is only his redshirt freshman year.

Hopple is an imposing guy and he plays with an attitude.  He’s every bit of 6’7 320 lbs and he can move.   I think he’s going to start this season... nothing against Billy but Hopple is bigger and better.  Hopple plays grown man ball and that’s exactly what we need. 

He already looks like he is in his 30s so he plays grown man ball regardless of how well he plays 😄

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...