• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mazzi Wilkins/McKenzie Milton Moment

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

For those of you with access. 

Not sure I understand subjecting Mazzi to the UCF-themed set, but nice to see the good come from a horrible injury.  It was an accident, part of playing the game, so I'm still unsure about the forgiveness part, too.  Mazzi didn't try to hurt him.  Milton chose to run and accepted the risk anyone in football does.  I'd watch this, I hope it is fair.  Mazzi is one hell of a man to be sitting along side an opponent.   And I hope it isn't about forgiveness, but explaining what football is all about.  And what it means to be resilient and return to the top of the game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

Forgiveness? Was it a dirty hit?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

4 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Forgiveness? Was it a dirty hit?

nope

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

but I think they were more getting at grudges. Some people never forgive the people into their careers even if it was a clean hit

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Football is Football. You play , sometimes you pay.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

12 hours ago, Brad said:

For those of you with access. 

Not sure I understand subjecting Mazzi to the UCF-themed set, but nice to see the good come from a horrible injury.  It was an accident, part of playing the game, so I'm still unsure about the forgiveness part, too.  Mazzi didn't try to hurt him.  Milton chose to run and accepted the risk anyone in football does.  I'd watch this, I hope it is fair.  Mazzi is one hell of a man to be sitting along side an opponent.   And I hope it isn't about forgiveness, but explaining what football is all about.  And what it means to be resilient and return to the top of the game.

They spoke at this event.

https://bme.ticketsocket.com/event/Better-Man-Event-XV

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

From the Orlando Sentinel:

“It was neat, man. I was a little shell-shocked, but it was something very cool and a cool experience, for sure,” Milton said after meeting Wilkins on stage.

Milton said he did not know about the meeting beforehand.

“It’s come full circle and there’s no ill will there and our fans shouldn’t have any ill will toward Mazzi, either,” he said.

“He goes to USF, I go to UCF, we battle out on the field, but off it, we’re like brothers … we’re friends now and it just goes to show what football can do. It can bring people together, like a USF Bull and a UCF Knight together, which is something special.”

Coordinator of the Better Man Event, Brian Buckley came up with the idea to bring the two together at the event under the theme of forgiveness, but Milton didn’t really see any need for forgiveness in this case.

“I felt like it was a great opportunity just to finally meet McKenzie because honestly, I have no reason to be in Orlando. I’m a Bull,” Wilkins laughed. “It was just a great opportunity to put a face with a face outside of the helmet, in the pads and the colors and the stadium and all that stuff.

“I really felt for him. He had a lot going … he still has a lot of potential and a lot of stuff going for him, but you don’t ever want to block somebody’s blessings, so I just wanted to meet him and be genuine with my guy. I got a friend now. I can finally say I got a UCF friend now.”

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

From what I've read it wasn't about forgiveness but a chance for UCFers to see that the hate they sent Mazzi's way was misplaced.  

Guest Jonesy Bull

Happy to see this, but I'm still ticked off about how some UCF fans bombarded Mazzi with all kinds of hate via social media not only to himself but to his family, and even some death threats!  I know this does not represent the entire UCF fan base, that would be unfair.  But for so many UCF people to do that to this young man is despicable........Just can't grasp this way of thinking by people.