Jump to content

Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

  • Members do not see this ad, Register today
Brad

USF Football Spring Game in game discussion

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Corey lea said:

It's day and night on the size. Battle is 224. I don't think we miss much Barnett gets hurt. 

I like our chances in a shootout.

Battle is also 6'4", and can run. Getting the feeling that we'll be set at QB for a couple more years at least....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

I continue to think Charlie is a good/great hire. Good luck next year, except one game. 

Why dont you want us to beat Wisconsin... lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mccloud and Battles actually looked very good imo...McCloud looked like he had been in the offense for at least a year...that is a good indicator of coaching on that side of the ball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Just saw the replay. Back up quarterbacks are definitely an upgrade from last year. I would not be nervous if either one have to come in and play I believe they could do the job.

 They need a left tackle it was frightening how many times offensive  Linemen were beat.  At times it looked  like a sieve 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got to watch the game today. A few other observations:

1. How about the passes to the RBs!!!!

2. Sands looked good as a utility back

3. Looks like BB will still run the ball...hope not as much as last year

4. Battle looked the best at QB

5. Wilcox will have an NFL 1st day draft pick season this year. Full stud player.

6. The defense did not okay as bad as some suggest. The D line played pretty decent.

7. Really hate the scoring system used. I wish they just used a split squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

7. Really hate the scoring system used. I wish they just used a split squad. 

Got not no real problem with the scoring. Prefer to see first team against first team for a better gauge but they **** well should have given the D more opportunities for points. Not getting anything for sacks or tfl's was a travesty ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Finally got to watch the game today. A few other observations:

1. How about the passes to the RBs!!!!

2. Sands looked good as a utility back

3. Looks like BB will still run the ball...hope not as much as last year

4. Battle looked the best at QB

5. Wilcox will have an NFL 1st day draft pick season this year. Full stud player.

6. The defense did not okay as bad as some suggest. The D line played pretty decent.

7. Really hate the scoring system used. I wish they just used a split squad. 

Yea the scoring system worked against the defense. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bullsonparade said:

Mccloud and Battles actually looked very good imo...McCloud looked like he had been in the offense for at least a year...that is a good indicator of coaching on that side of the ball

I just watched it too. It looks as though Battle has adopted Kean's diet and exercise regimen. This needs to be fixed before it gets out of control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2019 at 6:40 PM, Calibull said:

 

Steel sharpens steel... The defense will benefit dramatically from a good offense.  I think this team will beat Tech and Wisconsin... 

I think we have a better chance of beating Tech this year than we did last year.  I don't know how to feel about the Wisconsin game yet and I don't mean that in a negative way but I do know that our offense will give us a much better chance to win games if it's anything like we just witnessed for spring.  Nothing about the offense looked boring or complacent like it has the past two seasons. 

Defense looks a bit more energetic.  My biggest fear is that we go back to the Taggart years of explosive offense with very little defense.  That's not what I'm seeing, but if we can avoid that then we're going to be dangerous.  

Edited by OcalaBull2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Defense looks a bit more energetic.  My biggest fear is that we go back to the Taggart years of explosive offense with very little defense.

Me, too. I'd sure hate to go back to 8 - 10 win seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...