• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

How CCS just built a team to beat Wis., GT and UCF (Off topic)

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

58 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I get why you would be baffled by it, but I wonder why The Big East chose us at the time. We accomplished nothing up to that point, and yet a Power Conference (or at least an Automatic Qualifier Conference) saw something in USF. We were also one of the last 8 teams standing that the Big 12 was looking at for expansion, so there's that. Not sure what it is they see in us....certainly it's not on-field accomplishments...but there's something there.

My first instinct would be to tear this whole thing apart and explain what they saw then and what they see now. But you actually took the time to articulate your opinion, so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Props for getting into the Big East when you did. That should have catapulted your program much farther than it did. Regarding your consideration for the B12, the B12 had zero reason to expand and simply was looking to leverage a clause in their contract for more money. But i'll bite. Let's just say the B12 was going to expand, did you see the materials that were sent to the B12 presidents regarding usf? It looked like it was compiled by a freshman. Spelling mistakes, hyping non-existent stats, it was bad. Memphis thought the ink was dry during that whole fiasco. If anyone was going to be selected, it was going to be Cincinnati and BYU.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

25 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Can you tell me the last team that had a 7-6 record with 6 straight losses at the end of the season with a team that gave up on their head coach - yet, the same exact HC who lost the team went back and did much better the following year? usf is going to face lots of adversity next year and it won't take much for that same kind of quit to occur.

The curses of being a home owner, am I right? Wait...  even with McDonalds raising their minimum wage to $15 an hour, it's unlikely you could afford anything other than a trailer.

It is the hope of many here that the problem personalities from last season are no longer with the team. And you cant blame us for being excited that we have a real life playbook this year. These things spark optimism, but I'm more of a wait and see kind of guy.

Is minimum wage really up to $15/hour now? Congrats bro. While it's true that average wages in metro Orlando are lower than most of the civilized world, I am not among those relegated to menial work. I have a feeling that the **** factory on the east side of town churning out dullards incapable of contributing to society in a meaningful way has something to do with that.

But hey, at least you've got that national championship to hang your hat on.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

1 hour ago, Meeps said:

Dead. Can you elaborate why it wouldn't be and then explain what would be considered a step up? 

Far better football for one.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Meeps said:

My first instinct would be to tear this whole thing apart and explain what they saw then and what they see now. But you actually took the time to articulate your opinion, so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Props for getting into the Big East when you did. That should have catapulted your program much farther than it did. Regarding your consideration for the B12, the B12 had zero reason to expand and simply was looking to leverage a clause in their contract for more money. But i'll bite. Let's just say the B12 was going to expand, did you see the materials that were sent to the B12 presidents regarding usf? It looked like it was compiled by a freshman. Spelling mistakes, hyping non-existent stats, it was bad. Memphis thought the ink was dry during that whole fiasco. If anyone was going to be selected, it was going to be Cincinnati and BYU.

Not sure if there is any reason to put stock in the Big12 expansion thing or not, but for what it's worth, we did make the short list of possibilities. Where we ranked among that list is unknown as far as I can tell. The list looked like this: Cincinnati, Houston, Memphis, USF, UCF, & BYU. As far as your comment about our fan base being fixated on getting out of this conference (and thinking we might have a chance), I guess part of the reason would be that it's pretty slim pickins in the G5 as far as expansion candidates are concerned, and we've been there before. On-field accomplishments, or lack thereof, didn't stop us from making it into the Big East, and didn't keep us off the short list for the Big 12. Couldn't tell you what criteria is used when it comes to choosing expansion candidates, but there's obviously something that is at least somewhat attractive about USF.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/university-cincinnati-makes-final-cut-for-big-expansion/lPgQGSCxa2gpzeM2ROR6dP/

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

14 hours ago, Meeps said:

Can you tell me the last team that had a 7-6 record with 6 straight losses at the end of the season with a team that gave up on their head coach - yet, the same exact HC who lost the team went back and did much better the following year?

Can you tell me the last team that had a 7-6 record with 6 straight losses at the end of the season with a team that gave up on their head coach - yet, the same exact HC who lost the team went back and did the same or worse the following year? Of course, the team giving up on the HC is sheer conjecture so both questions are mindless drivel .....

I do remember a team with a 7-6 record, losing the last 3, including an ass whipping by something called Arkansas State, that went on to win the national championship the following year ..... nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

13 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

It is the hope of many here that the problem personalities from last season are no longer with the team. And you cant blame us for being excited that we have a real life playbook this year. These things spark optimism, but I'm more of a wait and see kind of guy.

Is minimum wage really up to $15/hour now? Congrats bro. While it's true that average wages in metro Orlando are lower than most of the civilized world, I am not among those relegated to menial work. I have a feeling that the **** factory on the east side of town churning out dullards incapable of contributing to society in a meaningful way has something to do with that.

But hey, at least you've got that national championship to hang your hat on.

It's one thing to be optimistic, it's another to assume that you're going to win all your hard games after an abysmal ending while retaining the same captain responsible for it. I'll be the first one to eat crow if Coach Strong is able to turn that program around after losing the trust of many of those that are returning. You've got two extremely difficult games as your first two games with a brand new OC. It would be one thing if Wisconsin and GT were mid to late season, but my money is on some growing pains that will probably permeate for the rest of the season.

Me personally, I would love nothing more than to see you guys beat those two and ride that gravy train of momentum towards our game on Black Friday. Makes for good football and gives the two fan bases something to really look forward to. 

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Can you tell me the last team that had a 7-6 record with 6 straight losses at the end of the season with a team that gave up on their head coach - yet, the same exact HC who lost the team went back and did the same or worse the following year? Of course, the team giving up on the HC is sheer conjecture so both questions are mindless drivel .....

I do remember a team with a 7-6 record, losing the last 3, including an ass whipping by something called Arkansas State, that went on to win the national championship the following year ..... nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

Are you honestly trying to compare Coach Frost to Strong? Coach Frost reinvigorated a winless team and brought in a bunch of talent. He added a ton of things like playing music at practices and instilled a brotherhood culture that became so strong, even after hearing that he was heading to Nebraska - they band together and won the Conference Championship/Peach Bowl.

On the other hand, Coach Strong neutered amazing talent and tanked the team. It's not conjecture, if you actually watched your team play - there was no fight in them towards the end of the season. There's a reason he had to kick out 11 players. In fact, there is even a player saying that "they were just going through the motions."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Meeps said:

On the other hand, Coach Strong neutered amazing talent and tanked the team. It's not conjecture, if you actually watched your team play - there was no fight in them towards the end of the season. There's a reason he had to kick out 11 players. In fact, there is even a player saying that "they were just going through the motions."

"Amazing talent" is a bit of hyperbole, as is "tanked the team" ..... and it is conjecture because no one really knows what went on in the ALL players' heads. What is not conjecture, is that both teams **** the bed the last game of the season, both looking like they gave up. Yours went on to have a great season with no real changes, ours is yet to play out with some significant changes. I doubt we start 2-0 but the important thing is how they do come conference time .....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

I wouldn't be suprised if I went to the UCF rivals board if the original thread about beating those schools was shared by those insecure nut jobs...

Edited by bullsonparade