Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
bullsfan27

Cronin leaving Cincy for UCLA

Only their fourth, as far as we know, choice..... $24 million lessens the hit on your ego.

Helps that Cincy offered him a pay cut as a bonus for doing well at Cincy. He will make double at UCLA 

4 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

Helps that Cincy offered him a pay cut as a bonus for doing well at Cincy. He will make double at UCLA 

"Doing well" is definitely relative .... Cronin made the Big Dance 9 years in a row at UC but only got past the first weekend once, and that was 8 years ago. The guy UCLA just kicked to the curb made the Sweet 16 3 out of the 5 full years he was there. I'm guessing the UCLA fans aren't going giddy with this hire ....

Really sucks that our good conference coaches continue to get poached by the P5......i get it but still blows.

2 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Really sucks that our good conference coaches continue to get poached by the P5......i get it but still blows.

Not really a P5 in college basketball. More like a P7, adding the American and Big East to the football ones ....... but I guess you could say that football P5 are the $5 in basketball.

Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2019 at 7:37 AM, Jonesy Bull said:

I don't know. It is being reported that Frank Martin is a leading contender to replace Mick. They say he's unhappy at South Carolina and he makes less than Cronin was getting paid.

Edited by swamprat

Mick may have trouble in Westwood.

Cronin always had very good teams at Cincy.....but always flopped for some reason in the big tourney.  Could never figure that out.

Martin pulled himself out of the running. Craig Smith, Utah State, did too.