Jump to content

Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

  • Members do not see this ad, Register today
Corey lea

How CCS just built a team to beat Wis., GT and UCF

Recommended Posts

The conference title is our Super Bowl since we will never play for a national championship, so how about we win it for once?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t wait for us to win whatever conference we are in right now so that everyone can stfu about it and realize there is no fulfillment to be had from winning conference “hey maybe we are the 6th best some years”. If we win this abortion of a conference that we had the misfortune of creating, not one person will talk to you about it at the water cooler. Not a single person at the bar will know what you are talking about. There isn’t any swag made that says best of top two or three of the g5 conference champions. If sportscenter still exists it won’t be on there. Winning the left behind three of the Big East and the also rans we tossed together is a tree falling in the woods with no one around but with far less interest or discussion. Just tell people we win this conference every year not a single person will know if we did or not or even bother to fact check it assuming this conference even has a wiki page or is somehow on the internet. Beating Wisconsin, GT or even Illinois is a bigger deal than ever beating anyone in our conference, I don’t even know half of their names( marrying the person everyone else didn’t bother to learn the name of isn’t winning and by attaching ourselves to these trogs we have already lost).

  • Me no likey 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I can’t wait for us to win whatever conference we are in right now so that everyone can stfu about it and realize there is no fulfillment to be had from winning conference “hey maybe we are the 6th best some years”. If we win this abortion of a conference that we had the misfortune of creating, not one person will talk to you about it at the water cooler. Not a single person at the bar will know what you are talking about. There isn’t any swag made that says best of top two or three of the g5 conference champions. If sportscenter still exists it won’t be on there. Winning the left behind three of the Big East and the also rans we tossed together is a tree falling in the woods with no one around but with far less interest or discussion. Just tell people we win this conference every year not a single person will know if we did or not or even bother to fact check it assuming this conference even has a wiki page or is somehow on the internet. Beating Wisconsin, GT or even Illinois is a bigger deal than ever beating anyone in our conference, I don’t even know half of their names( marrying the person everyone else didn’t bother to learn the name of isn’t winning and by attaching ourselves to these trogs we have already lost).

From the gist of this post, your fulfillment is totally wrapped up in whether other people, outside the scope of USF, care about the accomplishment ...... which, I guess, is fine ...... but still a little sad.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, puc86 said:

I can’t wait for us to win whatever conference we are in right now so that everyone can stfu about it and realize there is no fulfillment to be had from winning conference “hey maybe we are the 6th best some years”. If we win this abortion of a conference that we had the misfortune of creating, not one person will talk to you about it at the water cooler. Not a single person at the bar will know what you are talking about. There isn’t any swag made that says best of top two or three of the g5 conference champions. If sportscenter still exists it won’t be on there. Winning the left behind three of the Big East and the also rans we tossed together is a tree falling in the woods with no one around but with far less interest or discussion. Just tell people we win this conference every year not a single person will know if we did or not or even bother to fact check it assuming this conference even has a wiki page or is somehow on the internet. Beating Wisconsin, GT or even Illinois is a bigger deal than ever beating anyone in our conference, I don’t even know half of their names( marrying the person everyone else didn’t bother to learn the name of isn’t winning and by attaching ourselves to these trogs we have already lost).

With all due respect, your opinion, based on other people’s opinion, is really just an opinion written as fact. 

TL;DR : Just Win 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, puc86 said:

I can’t wait for us to win whatever conference we are in right now so that everyone can stfu about it and realize there is no fulfillment to be had from winning conference “hey maybe we are the 6th best some years”. If we win this abortion of a conference that we had the misfortune of creating, not one person will talk to you about it at the water cooler. Not a single person at the bar will know what you are talking about. There isn’t any swag made that says best of top two or three of the g5 conference champions. If sportscenter still exists it won’t be on there. Winning the left behind three of the Big East and the also rans we tossed together is a tree falling in the woods with no one around but with far less interest or discussion. Just tell people we win this conference every year not a single person will know if we did or not or even bother to fact check it assuming this conference even has a wiki page or is somehow on the internet. Beating Wisconsin, GT or even Illinois is a bigger deal than ever beating anyone in our conference, I don’t even know half of their names( marrying the person everyone else didn’t bother to learn the name of isn’t winning and by attaching ourselves to these trogs we have already lost).

You should’ve put a period after this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Triple B said:

From the gist of this post, your fulfillment is totally wrapped up in whether other people, outside the scope of USF, care about the accomplishment ...... which, I guess, is fine ...... but still a little sad.

If you accomplish something no one else cared about or is trying to accomplish than I do not believe that you have really accomplished anything, I wish it was simply people outside the scope of USF that didn’t care about our conference but it’s anyone, anywhere, including anyone in the conference, any fan of any team in the conference, anyone doing business with the conference, the conference commissioner, anyone USF related, anyone not USF related, ever man, woman, child, everyone binary, everyone not binary, every animal of the forest, every domesticated animal and even every g-d as this conference is G-d forsaken. This conference is sad, playing in it is sad and the only way to actually win it is to get out as evidenced buy everyone always at all times making any and every effort to escape (there is a reason no one was willing to make more money by signing away their chance at winning the lottery by granting their rights to the conference). Back when we were in the BEAST every single game we had every flag of our conference mates flying above the stadium for every game, now we fly no flags of any team we are stuck with. It’s suttle but it speaks volumes about how much we think anyone cares about who we are anchored to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

You should’ve put a period after this

That wouldn’t have made my statement very accurate.

6 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

With all due respect, your opinion, based on other people’s opinion, is really just an opinion written as fact. 

TL;DR : Just Win 

My opinions are facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If you accomplish something no one else cared about or is trying to accomplish than I do not believe that you have really accomplished anything, 

Oh come on.  I’ve had people ask me who’s in the AAC.  I’ve been able to name most of them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Oh come on.  I’ve had people ask me who’s in the AAC.  I’ve been able to name most of them.  

Sometimes I think about trying to learn who are the people in the conference with us but I am too big of an optimist to allow myself to do that. Purgatory should only be temporary and I can’t accept that we could be eternally damned to hell.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this talk about winning the conference, how about we just win the division first and stop being the bridesmaid to Temple and C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...