• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kind of brings a tear to my eyes...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

If the CBI were in a conference it would be in the AAC. That being said before the season started I asked coach if we could at least get to .500 this season. He paused cocked his head and said “you know we got  a chance.” I thought we had hired a delusional person. The delta between my expectation that we would be sub .500 again to actually winning well above that and finishing the season with something to build on is great enough that I don’t see how anyone could view it as anything but success. When have we ever replaced a coach and he even did better than his predecessor before taking years and years to “right the ship” they had themselves driven in the wrong direction?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

55 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Reality check: if we go 50% collectively as a team,from the charity stripe we were in the big dance. We’re not a bad team. We crash the boards for rebounds And get rewarded with foul shots. We turn the page on misses and were playing in the tournament .

Good point 

1 hour ago, Capital H said:

It's a good accomplishment for this team, but let's be honest this is essentially playing for 101st place. 

The meaningfulness of this season will be over the next two, as now these guys know what it takes to win a tournament.

Yet we are better than 101. Not by much but we are. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

11 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

What would you say the football equivalent is to this accomplishment (winning the CBI)?

Better than winning a NY6 bowl against an uninterested opponent ...

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, Capital H said:

It's a good accomplishment for this team, but let's be honest this is essentially playing for 101st place. 

The meaningfulness of this season will be over the next two, as now these guys know what it takes to win a tournament.

Watch out.  You’re very close to hating USF and not a true fan.  This a GREAT accomplishment and should help propel us into the Final Four if the NCAA Tournament next you.  Anything less would be a failure.  Heck, we may even get 3K to show up for games once or twice next year based on this year’s championship.

Go Bulls!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,965
  • Days Won:  469

The CBI served the need WE had as a team.

We are one and done in that tournament.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Watch out.  You’re very close to hating USF and not a true fan.  This a GREAT accomplishment and should help propel us into the Final Four if the NCAA Tournament next you.  Anything less would be a failure.  Heck, we may even get 3K to show up for games once or twice next year based on this year’s championship.

Go Bulls!

You're probably the only Bulls fan that was secretly pulling against us in the tourney so you'd have more material to ***** about ......... Oh wait, you sign off "Go Bulls!" so you're obviously a superfan.

I'm sure his girls don't play only in the top national tournaments, but he still enjoys watching them play.  He's just having trouble finding his way in the USF Basketball recovery program.

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I'm sure his girls don't play only in the top national tournaments, but he still enjoys watching them play.  He's just having trouble finding his way in the USF Basketball recovery program.

Thanks for the consistency.

Go Bulls!

I'm on your side Ba.  Follow me, but don't look directly into the light.

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

You're probably the only Bulls fan that was secretly pulling against us in the tourney so you'd have more material to ***** about ......... Oh wait, you sign off "Go Bulls!" so you're obviously a superfan.

Hardly.  I was at the Women’s Final Four and keeping an eye on the Bull’s game.  I’m super happy they won.  I’m sure you were there to greet the team with the other 14 or so fans.  Why is it so hard to understand this tournament was third rate?  Attendance and interest certainly spoke volumes.  Are they on their way up? Yes, I think so.  Will attendance improve?  History says no.  

Go Bulls!