• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Bulls at DePaul CBI Champ Game 3 - In game discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, Brad said:

I went overboard with my ******** last night, but I don't think I've seen a game officiated that poorly in a long time.  Again, more salutes to the team and coaches for their cool and composure.  They took it in stride and looked like an experienced favorite playing against a bunch of homers at some third rate away game.  They didn't lose their cool.  I would have.  I've only coached high school, but no way I get out of that fiasco without at least one T.

Sitting at home watching, I thought I might have a medical event I was so pissed.

Tip of the hat, again, to this team.

I was hoping Gregory would take a T aget his guys to respond once the lead got down to one and our guys were arguing. The time out worked equally as well. It would have been really easy to fold in that spot but they were able to refocus. Proud of them.

Edited by George Jenkins

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

36 minutes ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

Sadly, before the start of the game, I didn't think our guys would win the 3rd game after the OT loss.

I kind of thought the opposite. After I saw the way we found a way to hang with them in that 2nd game, on a court they've been lighting up the whole tourney, I felt we had a lot more of a fighting chance for the 3rd ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

The only advantage DePaul had on us that they could capitalize on were those homer rims.  Softest in the country.  They knew how to rebound on them, we had to adjust (offensively and defensively) and it showed that we did.  Our defense, despite the multitude of tickytack fouls was a difference maker.  Strus, that big puss, couldn't hit a shot.  I liked his game early in the series then saw what a puss he was.  When he couldn't get a shot off, tried to win an Academy Award for best successive flops/whiplashes.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Our defense is so impressive.  

In general,  the defense played in our conference is great. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,614
  • Days Won:  108

I am absolutely thrilled with this title. But I also made the trip to Memphis and we were done after one game. So put me in the camp of those that don't see the NCAAs next year. Hope the NIT is next step. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  121

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I am absolutely thrilled with this title. But I also made the trip to Memphis and we were done after one game. So put me in the camp of those that don't see the NCAAs next year. Hope the NIT is next step. 

This is my stance as well. Some of it depends on the new additions to the team-- which could be enough to get to the NCAA level. But as we stand currently, I can see us in the NIT next season-- maybe even winning that. Not that this is anything new-- many of our fans get caught up in the moment and imagine huge things ahead based on some current success. Our team definitely benefited from being in the CBI though - money well spent if you are trying to move the team along to bigger things. And I think our fans got a rare chance to be watching our team play this deep into the season.

I'm not saying the NCAAs are not within reach next season-- just that a more tempered view might be advisable. The best part about this young team is that they have so much growth to do still. Durr and Kirr have tons of potential and room to polish their games. So do other players-- so having all those extra practices and games was a fantastic decision even with the costs involved.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Nothing wrong at all with an NIT bid next year. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Nothing wrong at all with an NIT bid next year. 

Nothing wrong with it.....but i think this CBI championship has really galvanized the chemistry of this team and this Zach Dawson could be a huge addition......NCAAs is a legitimate goal next year.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  2,400
  • Days Won:  5

NCAA should always be the goal