• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF Pro Day is Today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

It;s great seeing past players attending this event.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

I think this is a solid article by Tom Zebold.  It is long, so I'll get you started and you can follow the link for the rest, please.

Bulls Audition for Next Level at USF Pro Day

BULLS AUDITION FOR NEXT LEVEL AT USF PRO DAY

By TOM ZEBOLD

USF Senior Writer

TAMPA, MARCH 29, 2019 – Bulls with big dreams of playing pro football got their opportunity to audition for the next level Friday morning at the Morsani Complex.

32415A healthy contingent of NFL teams were joined by scouts from the Canadian Football League and the Alliance of American Football to evaluate the Bulls' talent at USF Pro Day. The program also got strong support from a large group of USF football alums, including current rising NFL stars Marlon Mack, Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Deadrin Senat.

Twelve of the Bulls who went through a job interview like no other were a part of USF's 2018 team that helped extend the program's current run of four straight bowl game appearances. Pro day participants from that squad were wide receivers Tyre McCants, Ryeshene Bronson and LaDarion McBride, defensive backs Ronnie Hoggins and Mazzi Wilkins, defensive linemen/linebackers Khalid McGee, Vincent Jackson, Juwuan Brown, Josh Black and Kevin Bronson, offensive lineman Eric Mayes and kicker Jake Vivonetto.

Pro day also featured 2017 USF standout safety Devin Abraham and punter Jonathan Hernandezduring an action-packed morning of jumping, lifting, sprinting and position drills.

32416"Just going here, you see those guys come out every year. You see these scouts come out and then it's your turn," Hoggins said. "You're like, 'Wow, it's already here.' Those four years went by so fast and now that I'm here it's just amazing. I just tried to take advantage of the opportunity."

Hoggins definitely seized his chance to shine, leading the group in the three-cone drill (7.03 seconds) and the shuttle run (4.16 seconds) along with clocking in at 4.58 seconds in the 40-yard dash. The versatile defensive back who played all over the USF secondary in 41 career starts also opened up scouts' eyes with a broad jump of 10 feet, 1 inches and a 36-inch vertical.

"I jumped, I looked up and I said, 'Dang, that's 36," said the 5-foot-8 playmaker. "That was pretty good."

Rest of Story

So do any of these guys have a chance of being drafted. I have not heard that is the case. Even Q is on the chopping block if he does not make the Bengals team this summer. 

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

35 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So do any of these guys have a chance of being drafted. I have not heard that is the case. Even Q is on the chopping block if he does not make the Bengals team this summer. 

You have the NFL, CFL, XFL, AAF....(whatever league DJ plays in) and Arena. They all have the talent 2 play in one of these leagues. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Tyre and DJ on the same team again the Apollo's will decimate.  They can take turns passing TDs to one another.

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

You have the NFL, CFL, XFL, AAF....(whatever league DJ plays in) and Arena. They all have the talent 2 play in one of these leagues. 

Generally I agree. Looks like AAF may be on its way out though. Should be an interesting few months.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He ran a 40yd in 4.5 sec at 232Ibs. 34in verticle leap, highlights include one of the greatest "blocking" highlights ever ( That time he blocked a whole team for D.J's long td run) and dragging a man 20 yds for a td run. What else do u want from the man? lol But he lost 8-10Ibs according 2 the articles. 

His 3 cone was not good and I am a little skeptical about him running a 4.5. That was not the time that was mentioned to me or what I saw.

Tyre never dedicated himself to being in shape and working on his craft and it shows in his workouts. For a kid blessed with so much natural ability, it’s a shame.

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

On 3/29/2019 at 11:46 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

I just want 2 know the story behind the phone case the baby is playing with....where's the phone? lol

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I just want 2 know the story behind the phone case the baby is playing with....where's the phone? lol

You don't have little kids around do you?  

• Like 1