• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs. Loyola Marymount - In game discussion

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

I got what they were saying with the "greatest team" comment-- and the potential is certainly there if the coaching staff and main players remain in place along with some new key additions. As a Chicago Bulls fan (originally from Chicago) all my life, you can tell when you are seeing the beginning of the building of a special team. It helps to have a Michael Jordan (no one has that, don't even try). But even MJ needed a strong supporting cast-- which fans could see being built over time. Not that I am saying USF is on the precipice of some incredible run-- but I can see this team being the core of some very good things in our future.

Though I say that with a caveat that any time a "lesser" school (in the minds of the sports world-- not mine) has a modicum of success- the other big money schools show up and take your coaching staff. Or the NBA swoops in and takes your best player(s) -- less of a problem for USF but we do have some guys that might get there. The key is finding the right coach-- the one who we took a chance on when they needed it which CBG seems like the ideal fit. But money and name recognition will always grab their attention eventually UNLESS they are a CJL type of coach who says-- "nah, I am building something here. This is my program." (well until some dopey long gone large donors get his arse canned at the first available opportunity under some false elusion that USF can be a big time program and Leavitt was the problem, not the energy behind it all-- but I digress).

Whatever happens-- it will be a wild ride and I hope @Gat-Rat Bull is right and we are seeing the early makings of the greatest USF team of all time. At the very least-- it is nice to be excited and entertained by our team again. 

Edited by MikeG
had to change out butt to arse
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  0

This team is way more talented and deeper then the 2012 team it just doesn't have the maturity, another year or 2 and they should make one hell of a run.  Should is the big word.   Match ups matter as much as talent.  We will have to see what the match ups are.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, MikeG said:

I got what they were saying with the "greatest team" comment-- and the potential is certainly there

And this is all what those of us disagreeing with the statement "the best ever USF men's basketball team" are saying. THIS team is not greater than the NCAA team, but it's totally conceivable to see that the best ever may be in the near future.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

On 3/28/2019 at 8:48 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

AC is the man

WE GOT THIS BABY!!!

Who?

• Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

The 2012 team  is the best team ever, anyone who says differently is just as big of a fool as the clowns at UCF saying they won a football National Title.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Could you imagine Rideau playing with a guy with serious hips like Rudd? That would be fun to watch.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

Could you imagine Rideau playing with a guy with serious hips like Rudd? That would be fun to watch.

I say Sophia Vegara has better hips than Rudd.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

11 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I say Sophia Vegara has better hips than Rudd.

*hops

• Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

On 3/28/2019 at 8:48 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

AC is the man

WE GOT THIS BABY!!!

5 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Who?

Alexis Cetna ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,725
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

The 2012 team  is the best team ever, anyone who says differently is just as big of a fool as the clowns at UCF saying they won a football National Title.

I say differently, and I assure you I am not a fool. Love your passion though. 🤘