• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Practice Comments for 3/27

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

55 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Because of he and King doing their own thing, audibling and freelancing much of the time.

So you have extrapolated one confirmed audible to "much of the time" ..... and if it WAS King and Q audibling/freelancing most of the UCF season killing loss, they were the ones wasting Q's last year, not Gilbert.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

So you have extrapolated one confirmed audible to "much of the time" ..... and if it WAS King and Q audibling/freelancing most of the UCF season killing loss, they were the ones wasting Q's last year, not Gilbert.

When you have a ****** boss you work around them for the betterment of the company 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

19 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

When you have a ****** boss you work around them for the betterment of the company 

Ding ding ding, ladies and gentlemen we have someone who gets it!

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

I actually remembered that quote but wasn't sure what game it was .....nice find ...... but I do doubt that he spent the whole game doing that. All I'm saying is that saying that Gilbert wasted Q's last year is ridiculous considering how the year evolved. If the Tulsa game had been the year killer, I wouldn't be saying a whole lot.

I would doubt this as well, but I wouldn't get too deep into that argument because I just don't know for sure. I seem to remember plays breaking down several times in that game, and Q was able to make something out of nothing by taking off running, or by buying time until someone got open, but that's a little different than him deciding to do his own thing with the play calling. I guess I wouldn't be all that shocked if I were to find out that he did his own thing that day. Whatever the case, we came up a bit short when it mattered. Hopefully Charlie & company (especially Bell) can change that this year. I wasn't crazy about Sterlin's offense that mostly ignored the middle 1/3 of the field in the passing game.

Edited by USFBulls727

3 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

2 hours ago, USFRaider said:

Ding ding ding, ladies and gentlemen we have someone who gets it!

Jeebus, neither one of those responses spell out how Gilbert ... wasted ... Q's ... last ... year, which is what started all this. In other words, and I guess I have to repeat, how did Gilbert **** up the UCF game?

2 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I would doubt this as well, but I wouldn't get too deep into that argument because I just don't know for sure. I seem to remember plays breaking down several times in that game, and Q was able to make something out of nothing by taking off running, or by buying time until someone got open, but that's a little different than him deciding to do his own thing with the play calling. I guess I wouldn't be all that shocked if I were to find out that he did his own thing that day. Whatever the case, we came up a bit short when it mattered.

That's it .... the offense played their asses off in that record setting game but still lost, no matter who was responsible for the plays, which makes it hard for me to understand how someone can blame that loss on Gilbert.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

2017 special teams were suspect all year and they let that team down twice.