• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Media Comments from Today’s FB Practice

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

21 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Can't wait for the spring game to see what this new offense looks like 

That and the first game period. I'm getting more optimistic about the Badgers game. From what I read they lost like 4 starters from their O-line, their starting QB, and 2 or their top three linebackers. To start the season off with an upset of a top 25 team would be awesome. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

That and the first game period. I'm getting more optimistic about the Badgers game. From what I read they lost like 4 starters from their O-line, their starting QB, and 2 or their top three linebackers. To start the season off with an upset of a top 25 team would be awesome. 

It's going to be a very tough match up for us.  Wisconsin just reloads on the OL so I wouldn't put a ton of stock in that being some kind of weak point.  As a program they are known for just reloading at RB and OL and have been for like the last couple decades....  If we win the game it will be because Kerwin is better than even the most optimistic of us imagined.     Wisconsin is going to run for 200 plus on us so it's just a matter of if we have the offensive juice to turn it into a shoot out.   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

22 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

It's going to be a very tough match up for us.  Wisconsin just reloads on the OL so I wouldn't put a ton of stock in that being some kind of weak point.  As a program they are known for just reloading at RB and OL and have been for like the last couple decades....  If we win the game it will be because Kerwin is better than even the most optimistic of us imagined.     Wisconsin is going to run for 200 plus on us so it's just a matter of if we have the offensive juice to turn it into a shoot out.   

For us to win it will have to be like 37 to 32 or something like that. 

9 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

For us to win it will have to be like 37 to 32 or something like that. 

Yeah we're definitely going to have to score well above 30 to win this ball game unless Whisky turns the ball over a ton.   It would take some kind of scenario where they run the ball down our throats all day but have like 3 red zone turnovers or something that they don't convert on and our offense is converting it's possessions.  That would force them to pass a bit more than they want to which may not be the best thing because of the new young QB that beat out the incumbent starter.  While yes he beat out the old guy he's still young and there will be growing pains.   That's about the only way I see us winning a game that isn't a shoot out.   

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

On 3/25/2019 at 11:42 AM, Bull Dozer said:

That's conservative.  More like 350 give or take 50.

19 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

That's conservative.  More like 350 give or take 50.

I was trying to give the guys some credit for improving this off season.  You're probably pretty close to the number tho.... 

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  0

Where have I seen an upset of a top 25 team at the beginning of the year before?  Notre Dame, anyone?

Guest Jonesy Bull
18 minutes ago, LrdNorman said:

Where have I seen an upset of a top 25 team at the beginning of the year before?  Notre Dame, anyone?

Yeah, these early season games are really hard to predict, as its difficult to really game plan.  Every team has turnover and such each year, and for us new coaches and schemes. 

If we are going to pull the upset, it probably is best we play them right off the bat.......Nobody gave us much of a chance against Georgia Tech last year and we know how that ended up.

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

A REALLY humid day might help, too.  🙂

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I could see them having issues matching up with our speed on offense and considering a new offense it could cause them problems.