• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF is considering discontinuing the football program

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  6

This is just my opinion, but the main reason I feel the crowds are so poor at RayJay is the fact that the AAC is considered minor league college football.  I have two season tickets to USF home games and many weeks I have a hard time finding someone who wants to attend the games with me, and the reason I hear is that , they just don't care about the AAC.  We could go undefeated in the regular season two years in a row, like ucf, and I still don't think the large home crowds would return, because of the fact that the AAC is perceived as minor league.  Sure you will get the 15k-20k hardcores that will come, but the casual fan does not care.

Edited by USFRaider

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Puc is right. There's never going to be a Flutie effect for the G5. The students clearly aren't coming for athletics so our academic draw is strong enough. It's time to shutter our money burning "tease and fade" flagship program. Let's put that money into research and academics and become the MIT of the south. If there's no route to the P5 it's really the logical thing to do. Then see what we can get from the city and the Bucs for selling them our off campus stadium.

Edited by George_Bullnard_Shaw
stupid merge

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

This is just my opinion, but the main reason I feel the crowds are so poor at RayJay is the fact that the AAC is considered minor league college football.  I have two season tickets to USF home games and many weeks I have a hard time finding someone who wants to attend the games with me, and the reason I hear is that , they just don't care about the AAC.  We could go undefeated in the regular season two years in a row, like ucf, and I still don't think the large home crowds would return, because of the fact that the AAC is perceived as minor league.  Sure you will get the 15k-20k hardcores that will come, but the casual fan does not care.

It's true. Tampa Bay has 3 major league sports teams. One of which is an exemplary franchise. Minor league isn't going to be an easy sell here. Ever.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You guys know there has never been a time when college football was equitable and everyone had a shot at a national title, right? Literally, NEVER. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, JTrue said:

You guys know there has never been a time when college football was equitable and everyone had a shot at a national title, right? Literally, NEVER. 

But the only the big difference today is that they tell you this to your face...which kind of hurts...

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But the only the big difference today is that they tell you this to your face...which kind of hurts...

So it makes you all warm and tingly when you hear a playoff committee guy say the AAC has a path to the final four?

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So it makes you all warm and tingly when you hear a playoff committee guy say the AAC has a path to the final four?

I would much prefer they say USF has a path out of the AAC.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Well...yeah...it would...if true...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

People are acting like we were in a Power conference for a long time... even then the Big East was looked at as a inferior football conference.  Schools couldn't wait to bail from that conference.  The AAC is fine for now... we got a little taste of the pie.  But we're not less relevant than we were then.  The American is a decent conference.. like the Big East it's looked at as better than other G-5 conferences but inferior to the Power 5. Nothing has changed except the money.  If that's what you're ******** about, then you have a point.  But in terms of quality of play,  it's about the same as the Big East. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well...yeah...it would...if true...

I just assumed that since you always knew more than half of all football teams had no chance at winning the national title, but it only hurt your feelings when someone said it out loud, the opposite was true.