Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Sign in to follow this  
Corey lea

USF is considering discontinuing the football program

Just now, USFRaider said:

I hate the fact that we still can't win the AAC, more than I hate the AAC.

To compete in the AAC is to have already lose. 

Gotta wonder if we would be better off as an Independent in football with no conference affiliation. Sure-- less acces to bowl games but these bowls we have access to in the AAC are pretty much horsecrap anyway.

The problem is we have invested in the football program as if we were in a quasi-Power5 conference. This conference is going nowhere fast and opening our schedule up to anyone might be worth a shot to inject some sort of life into the program.

Obviously-- this is me spitballing here. The odds of USF making that sort of decision are practically non-existent. And that is probably the right move. But anyone who thinks we are on any of those P5 conference expansion wish lists is a bit delusional imo. A huge shakeup in the P5 is about the only way we see inclusion with those folks- but they want that pile of TV money to themselves.

22 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Gotta wonder if we would be better off as an Independent in football with no conference affiliation. Sure-- less acces to bowl games but these bowls we have access to in the AAC are pretty much horsecrap anyway.

The problem is we have invested in the football program as if we were in a quasi-Power5 conference. This conference is going nowhere fast and opening our schedule up to anyone might be worth a shot to inject some sort of life into the program.

Obviously-- this is me spitballing here. The odds of USF making that sort of decision are practically non-existent. And that is probably the right move. But anyone who thinks we are on any of those P5 conference expansion wish lists is a bit delusional imo. A huge shakeup in the P5 is about the only way we see inclusion with those folks- but they want that pile of TV money to themselves.

You’re forgetting the part about not having a TV contract and no income.

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

You’re forgetting the part about not having a TV contract and no income.

...and watching games on f’n espn+....

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You think our TV options get better as an independent?

Put on the breaks!!! As the US population grows so will parity. Landscape will change. It may take another 20 years but it will.

24 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No I don’t but one can say they are not getting much better in the AAC...

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No I don’t but one can say they are not getting much better in the AAC...

I would say our current options are infinitely better than they’d be as an independent. 

38 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

ESPN Double Plus Good!