• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rays lock up Snell for next five years

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

27 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

**** its hard being a Tampa Bay / USF fan!  There always seems to be a frustrating ending.

Makes you appreciate the good things even more................ when they come.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jonesy Bull
18 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Makes you appreciate the good things even more................ when they come.

Very true....i definately appreciate them more....and we have had some great moments, and there will be more to come.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jonesy Bull

Snell has been very up and down so far this year.  There is no question he is still very talented and good, but been inconsistent so far......he has a start tonight against KC (didn't do very well in the last meeting).  Hoping for a bounce back tonight!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Snell has been very up and down so far this year.  There is no question he is still very talented and good, but been inconsistent so far......he has a start tonight against KC (didn't do very well in the last meeting).  Hoping for a bounce back tonight!

He was bad the first game and great the next 3.  His last outing against KC was coming off the broken toe.  

Guest Jonesy Bull
10 hours ago, chapelbull said:

He was bad the first game and great the next 3.  His last outing against KC was coming off the broken toe.  

True that.....im not worried about Blake.  He is going to tear it up again this year....if he stays healthy.

Rays are going to be a handful this year.  Still think Yanks win the division though.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I think Snell is going to have a pretty good year in the end, but i think he is also gonna have some bumps. Its really hard to maintain the excellence that he showed last season and that has become the expectation. Of course everything will depend on health. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I think Snell is going to have a pretty good year in the end, but i think he is also gonna have some bumps. Its really hard to maintain the excellence that he showed last season and that has become the expectation. Of course everything will depend on health. 

That's true, and in his bad games he seems to fall in love with one pitch, instead of mixing it up which keeps the hitters off balance......but I think that will turn around.

So far, Rays have been a surprise.  They have a better hitting and defensive lineup than I expected, and overall pitching has been very good (especially Glasnow - that's the big surprise).

Its a very long season, will be interesting to see if they can keep this pace.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jonesy Bull

Snell has been a little bit up and down this year, but had a nice game in Boston today.

Amazing that the Rays are staying in this AL East race thing.  Unless there are bad injuries.....i think they have a good chance to be in this thing to the end......should definately be a wildcard team.

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

On 6/9/2019 at 8:19 PM, Jonesy Bull said:

Snell has been a little bit up and down this year, but had a nice game in Boston today.

Amazing that the Rays are staying in this AL East race thing.  Unless there are bad injuries.....i think they have a good chance to be in this thing to the end......should definately be a wildcard team.

Playing for second place, at best.