• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Brian Gregory gets choked up talking about win over Stony Brook

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

This team consists of 3 transfers which, to me, is not a crap load. The majority of the players on this team aren’t here because they were looking for a 2nd chance or better opportunity. USF was their first choice to play at this level. This isn’t a bunch of players looking for redemption from previous missed opportunities. Maybe I’m misunderstanding your point. 

If you take some time  2 look at our roster, you would see that we have 6 transfers and 1 juco player....🤷‍♂️ 7 out of 12 is 72%.  A CRAPLOAD of this team are playing at their 2nd destination on the collegiate level. Hence my term "redemption"

https://gousfbulls.com/roster.aspx?roster=1329&path=mbball

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

12 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

If you take some time  2 look at our roster, you would see that we have 6 transfers and 1 juco player....🤷‍♂️ 7 out of 12 is 72%.  A CRAPLOAD of this team are playing at their 2nd destination on the collegiate level. Hence my term "redemption"

I counted 4 transfers.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

23 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

4 transfers and 2 jucos

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

4 transfers and 2 jucos

Go back and look on that link. But there are 5 transfers. Im not going back and fourth and not in the mood 2 type it up.  Either way, thats still 50% of the team....hence my term crapload

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

I like Coach, that's how I know he won't be long for our world.

Nature’s first green is gold, 
Her hardest hue to hold. 
Her early leaf’s a flower; 
But only so an hour. 
Then leaf subsides to leaf. 
So USF sank to the AAC, 
So dawn goes down to day. 
Nothing gold can stay- Judy G.
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

4 transfers and 2 jucos

Dawson OK State - definitely a second chance guy

Rideau Gardner Webb - hard to say he's a second chance guy and GW was a winning team both of his years there

Kiir LSU - second chance guy

Lang Auburn - not sure he's a second chance guy, either, just looking for more playing time

Maricevic Casper College - JuCo, not exactly a transfer, he had to go somewhere when he was done there

Lubin Polk - another JuCo

Scekic Hutchinson - JuCo

So our numbers are a bit jumbled and our take on why they transferred is the same. And of our roster of 15, 7 were on the team last year. So more than half have never played for a losing USF team. Factor in the guys who redshirted, and you're talking about 4 players who have actually touched the floor for a losing USF team. 

Edited by JTrue

26 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Rideau Gardner Webb - hard to say he's a second chance guy and GW was a winning team both of his years there

Lang Auburn - not sure he's a second chance guy, either, just looking for more playing time

Maricevic Casper College - JuCo, not exactly a transfer, he had to go somewhere when he was done there

Scekic Hutchinson - JuCo

So our numbers are a bit jumbled and our take on why they transferred is the same. And of our roster of 15, 7 were on the team last year. So more than half have never played for a losing USF team. Factor in the guys who redshirted, and you're talking about 4 players who have actually touched the floor for a losing USF team. 

Thank you for breaking that down.  The players were still part of a losing team last year whether they played or not. And my statement was "2nd chance or better opportunity". Onr player won in a D2 school nobody heard of, and 3 obscure JUCO players all get 2 play D1 bball in a known conference. That is a 2nd chance. The other players have opportunity 4 more playing time. In the end, we have 20 wins and is finally a competitive team. Not sure what i said that is up 4 debate here. Its simply my opinion. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Thank you for breaking that down.  The players were still part of a losing team last year whether they played or not. And my statement was "2nd chance or better opportunity". Onr player won in a D2 school nobody heard of, and 3 obscure JUCO players all get 2 play D1 bball in a known conference. That is a 2nd chance. The other players have opportunity 4 more playing time. In the end, we have 20 wins and is finally a competitive team. Not sure what i said that is up 4 debate here. Its simply my opinion. 

Who was the D2 guy? If it’s Rideau, Gardner Webb is in the tourney this year.

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Who was the D2 guy? If it’s Rideau, Gardner Webb is in the tourney this year.

USF > Gardnet Webb...they may have a better basketball team, but we probably get more air time and play better competition. But my bad they sound like a D2 school lol

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Scekic Hutchinson - JuCo 

Didn't count Dawson originally in my 3 transfers because he's not playing this year ..... and by my count we only have 6 from last year's roster and only 3 who touched the floor for a losing USF team:

Brown

Collins

Lang

Rideau

Scekic

Yetna

Agree completely about Juco's being more like hs recruits than the transfers because they don't have a choice but have to go somewhere else.... which is why I look at it like we've got 11 of the 15 rostered players, a CRAPLOAD, who initially chose USF as the place they wanted to play at their next level, not as a 2nd chance or better opportunity but as their first choice and best opportunity ..... which is why I just wasn't getting the whole redemption thing.