• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Women’s basketball makes WNIT

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

we will be there in our regular seats, ordered them 2 hrs ago!

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

This was a coaching masterpiece.  I defy you to find any basketball team at any level and take their top four players off the roster and have them compete and win.  

Short term pain, long term gain for this team.  This will pay huge dividends down the road.  

Great job CJF and staff.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

They were fortunate that the WNIT is 64 teams. Would be awesome to see them advance a few rounds. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I'm there Thursday in my usual seats. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

GREAT JOB BY COACH AND STAFF AND TEAM.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

4 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

This was a coaching masterpiece.  I defy you to find any basketball team at any level and take their top four players off the roster and have them compete and win.  

Short term pain, long term gain for this team.  This will pay huge dividends down the road.  

Great job CJF and staff.  

Every time you think CJL is done he pulls another rabbit out of his hat. These girls worked so hard to win that I believe it's changed the course of the program. They fought harder than many of the more experienced and talents we've had in the years since Courtney Williams and Alisia Jenkins left. This season and every painful loss to Cincy and UCF-and to UConn won't be forgotten. I think we will look back at this season as the year USF WBB went from being a really talented team that underachieved in the post season to one that starts making big runs to the next level. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Every time you think CJL is done he pulls another rabbit out of his hat. These girls worked so hard to win that I believe it's changed the course of the program. They fought harder than many of the more experienced and talents we've had in the years since Courtney Williams and Alisia Jenkins left. This season and every painful loss to Cincy and UCF-and to UConn won't be forgotten. I think we will look back at this season as the year USF WBB went from being a really talented team that underachieved in the post season to one that starts making big runs to the next level. 

I hope you are right but have some reservations.  I didn't see any Fr out there that I see as difference makers, outside of possibly Harvey and Jordao.  Septe seems to have some potential as far as playing D but she may have had more air balls that baskets. The the other 2 I'm afraid won't develop to be huge contributors.  If they couldn't get playing time this year.......  Watching Rozentale in practice running sprints she may be the fastest kid on the team but her PT decreased as the year went on.  Kessler I just didn't see much.

Guest Jonesy Bull
11 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I hope you are right but have some reservations.  I didn't see any Fr out there that I see as difference makers, outside of possibly Harvey and Jordao.  Septe seems to have some potential as far as playing D but she may have had more air balls that baskets. The the other 2 I'm afraid won't develop to be huge contributors.  If they couldn't get playing time this year.......  Watching Rozentale in practice running sprints she may be the fastest kid on the team but her PT decreased as the year went on.  Kessler I just didn't see much.

Are any of our injured players due to come back for us next year?

I know Laksa is a question mark regarding her future of returning to USF or going Pro.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

18 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Are any of our injured players due to come back for us next year?

I know Laksa is a question mark regarding her future of returning to USF or going Pro.

Jordao, the Fr center, should be back as a redshirt Fr. I think they shut her down in time to preserve it.  Ferreira is gone.  Good news for her is that her heart issues may be correctable and she could possibly still play as a pro.  Sylvia Serrat has missed 2 years due to injury. I have no idea if she'll be okay for next year.