Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Sign in to follow this  
Brad

Entered the world of bourbon last night

11 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Think the county in TN where they make Jack Daniels is still dry.  Can't remember if they allowed a tasting or not.

Last time I was there, they did not.

15 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

If you want to get off the beaten path and you're near Louisville, I recommend Peerless:

https://kentuckypeerless.com/

Interesting story, as they were able to revive granddads old distilling license from the 1900's. And their rye is outstanding.

Also, Kentucky Artisan Distillers is Crestwood is great. They make Jefferson's, but my favorite there is Whiskey Row which I'm fairly certain you can only find in Kentucky. There's also a brewery next door.

https://kentuckyartisandistillery.com/

We are up in NKY, Cincinnati Metroplex. The people we are staying with want to do the three tours nearer to Lexington. We want to come up for the Bourbon Festival in Bardstown, this year, if we can work it out. Maybe we can do KAD and Peerless, then. 

On 5/14/2019 at 9:41 AM, George Jenkins said:

To each their own. Kentucky Artisan Distillery is in Crestwood, about 20 minutes up 71 from downtown Louisville.

I own acreage in Crestwood...maybe I should start a distillery🤪

On 5/15/2019 at 12:05 AM, swamprat said:

We are up in NKY, Cincinnati Metroplex. The people we are staying with want to do the three tours nearer to Lexington. We want to come up for the Bourbon Festival in Bardstown, this year, if we can work it out. Maybe we can do KAD and Peerless, then. 

Have heard that that festival is a good time.  We've never done it but hope to at some point.

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Have heard that that festival is a good time.  We've never done it but hope to at some point.

It can be fun if you like crowds.

On 5/15/2019 at 12:05 AM, swamprat said:

If you get to Louavull...Angels Envy,  Old Forester, and Copper & Kings Brandy are good tours.

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

If you get to Louavull...Angels Envy,  Old Forester, and Copper & Kings Brandy are good tours.

I can vouch for Angels Envy and Old Forester.  Did those in Feb of this year.

Sign in to follow this