• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF Football Will Have Different Uniforms This Season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

I wonder if Judy's announcement has had any effect on what, or how, he has approached his first year on the job? I know he's been very visible and seemingly connected to the fans.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

"Hey buddy, I've known you 8 months.  I know the last guy was a d$3Kweed but about giving us 10 million.?"

I've heard good strides are being made at the Bulls Club.  I know one Iron Bull couple that dropped out because of the last guy and gave their money to the Business College that are coming back to Athletics.  But landing the big fish is what building an IPF is about. From what I'm hearing I'm optimistic that it starts within a year.

I thought part of Kelly's appeal was that he was a known quantity and wasn't starting from scratch?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I thought part of Kelly's appeal was that he was a known quantity and wasn't starting from scratch?

I didn't know him until he got here.  He was familiar with USF from working here for a year and some people at the school knew him but he wasn't in a position like he is now.  Don't know how much interaction he had then with possible large donors.  Again, from what I hear, things are looking up.  Not going to become Houston in donations but things are improving.  His biggest positive is that he listens, thinks and THEN makes decisions.  I'm optimistic.  That said, we are a long, long way from an OCS.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

3 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

His appeal was that he is known in the NCAA world and how it works. Separating people that are loyal and not yet loyal to USF from their money is a different thing. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,855
  • Days Won:  33

18 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I understand it's early in his tenure, but maybe some new partnerships, a couple major donors? After all, we were told how connected he was and well liked both in the Tampa Bay Area and nationally. Do you recognize any discernible change? 8 months and counting. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be unfair, and time will judge. Had hoped for some splash of creativity.

While you may not see anything yet, I can tell you there has been plenty of discernible change and that has been all for the better.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

We need that IPF sooner rather than later to stay competitive and move (or keep - depending on your perspective) this football program in the right direction.  Not saying anything that everybody already knows.

I still think Mike Kelly is the man for the job (until he's not).

I hope the predictions are right and ground breaking happens this year.

I agree 100 percent.  Spring practice starts tomorrow and guess what the weather forecast in Tampa is?  Being the only team in the AAC without an IPF is not going to cut it for much longer.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I didn't know him until he got here.  He was familiar with USF from working here for a year and some people at the school knew him but he wasn't in a position like he is now.  Don't know how much interaction he had then with possible large donors.  Again, from what I hear, things are looking up.  Not going to become Houston in donations but things are improving.  His biggest positive is that he listens, thinks and THEN makes decisions.  I'm optimistic.  That said, we are a long, long way from an OCS.

I am not even worried about an OCS at this point.  I turn 43 in June and I am not even sure an OCS will be built in my lifetime.  What I am concerned about is the IPF getting done.  It does concern me that we are the only team in the AAC without an IPF.  Recruiting is going to take a big big hit if we don't break ground on that IPF soon (some feel it has already started to take a hit).

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

40 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

I am not even worried about an OCS at this point.  I turn 43 in June and I am not even sure an OCS will be built in my lifetime.  What I am concerned about is the IPF getting done.  It does concern me that we are the only team in the AAC without an IPF.  Recruiting is going to take a big big hit if we don't break ground on that IPF soon (some feel it has already started to take a hit).

Some would say a lot of things without any facts to back it up...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, USFRaider said:

Prime example of why the new president needs to put some hustle into athletic donations.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

CCS is now the albatross around Kelly's neck. He's looking straight at the fate of the ancient mariner and not blinking.