• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF Football Will Have Different Uniforms This Season

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 3/16/2019 at 11:17 AM, Dave_Glaser said:

Michael Kelly = ?

There was a lot of fanfare over this hire. What has it meant so far? Maybe the Kerwin Bell hiring? We'll see.

Just curious what are u expecting out of him at this point in his tenure?

I think when the time comes coaches will be upgraded as needed.  

I agree the football practice facility is taking a little while.  But we need more money to make it happen.  Cant turn water into wine.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

33 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Just curious what are u expecting out of him at this point in his tenure?

I think when the time comes coaches will be upgraded as needed.  

I agree the football practice facility is taking a little while.  But we need more money to make it happen.  Cant turn water into wine.

I understand it's early in his tenure, but maybe some new partnerships, a couple major donors? After all, we were told how connected he was and well liked both in the Tampa Bay Area and nationally. Do you recognize any discernible change? 8 months and counting. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be unfair, and time will judge. Had hoped for some splash of creativity.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I understand it's early in his tenure, but maybe some new partnerships, a couple major donors? After all, we were told how connected he was and well liked both in the Tampa Bay Area and nationally. Do you recognize any discernible change?

I think all of his time and resources has been put toward the IPF and he is probably discovering it’s like getting water from a stone when raising funds. However, I have heard from the inside that there will be a ground breaking ceremony sometime in 2019...maybe homecoming? In my 33 years following everything USF I can say that anything related to USF athletics is a tough job. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

We need to recruit some international donors.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Brad said:

Better call Coach Fernandez

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

I still believe the guy to get it done as the AD at USF ultimately is Rob Higgins. If not now, then somewhere down the line. Youthful energy. Can-do. And I realize he took his name out of the running.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Focus on uniforms is why we lose games.
Also according to ate least one poster here it has contributed to the feminization of the culture he loves.

This is horrible horrible news!!

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I understand it's early in his tenure, but maybe some new partnerships, a couple major donors? After all, we were told how connected he was and well liked both in the Tampa Bay Area and nationally. Do you recognize any discernible change? 8 months and counting. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be unfair, and time will judge. Had hoped for some splash of creativity.

Thats fair.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

10 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

"Hey buddy, I've known you 8 months.  I know the last guy was a d$3Kweed but about giving us 10 million.?"

I've heard good strides are being made at the Bulls Club.  I know one Iron Bull couple that dropped out because of the last guy and gave their money to the Business College that are coming back to Athletics.  But landing the big fish is what building an IPF is about. From what I'm hearing I'm optimistic that it starts within a year.

Guest Jonesy Bull
12 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

"Hey buddy, I've known you 8 months.  I know the last guy was a d$3Kweed but about giving us 10 million.?"

I've heard good strides are being made at the Bulls Club.  I know one Iron Bull couple that dropped out because of the last guy and gave their money to the Business College that are coming back to Athletics.  But landing the big fish is what building an IPF is about. From what I'm hearing I'm optimistic that it starts within a year.

We need that IPF sooner rather than later to stay competitive and move (or keep - depending on your perspective) this football program in the right direction.  Not saying anything that everybody already knows.

I still think Mike Kelly is the man for the job (until he's not).

I hope the predictions are right and ground breaking happens this year.