• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Johnny Ford Will Be Playing WR Fulltime This Year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Kerwin Bell favors speed size at the WR position, just like Spurrier did....   I bet we see Bell in the backfield as well as the slot this fall and he's used as a utility player Ala Percy Harvin.  Also good luck to a LB or Safety trying to man him up in the slot, Ford's change of direction and agility is ridiculous.    I see bell using guys like Horne, Ford, and Joiner in very similar ways to how UCF uses Killins, Anderson, and McCrae.   

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
55 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Kerwin Bell favors speed size at the WR position, just like Spurrier did....   I bet we see Bell in the backfield as well as the slot this fall and he's used as a utility player Ala Percy Harvin.  Also good luck to a LB or Safety trying to man him up in the slot, Ford's change of direction and agility is ridiculous.    I see bell using guys like Horne, Ford, and Joiner in very similar ways to how UCF uses Killins, Anderson, and McCrae.   

Very exciting to have an OC that is creative and know what he's doing! 

Of course saying this in March and having it actually happen in the Fall are two different things.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Plus McDoom....fast transfer from Michigan.

Excited about the offense.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Are you speaking of Duran Bell, because I thought he was gone. Unless there is another Bell on the roster.

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Plus McDoom....fast transfer from Michigan.

Excited about the offense.

I think he ends up outside opposite St Felix quite a bit. He's listed at 6ft and that's plenty tall to play outside. Guys like Horne, Ford, Phillips, and Joiner are pretty much perfect slot guys. Also having St Felix and McDoom taking the top off of the defense and making safeties respect respect the deep ball will unlock the middle of the field and for Wilcox and the slot guys and create mismatches. I just hope McDoom's hands have improved. I have a friend that is a Michigan fantatic and he said they were and issue up there.... 

Just now, USFBulls727 said:

Are you speaking of Duran Bell, because I thought he was gone. Unless there is another Bell on the roster.

Nah was thinking of Bells offense and transposed his name with Ford. 

Strong just said Ford will train at both slot and RB.....   

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

15 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Some people were worried he wouldn't be playing in the backfield anymore and CCS just ended that speculation in his spring presser.   Just thought it was news worthy.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,965
  • Days Won:  469

So, not fulltime is what you’re saying?

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I don't think this is really about making JF a slot receiver as much as it is about getting as many of our best athletes on the field at the same time and getting them the ball in dynamic ways.