Jump to content
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

  • Members do not see this ad
dclenden

US News and World Report Medical School Ranking

Recommended Posts

I realize that this is hardly sports related, however, check out how Florida medical schools rank amongst each other according to USNWR. Hardly a true performance metric however worth reading.

UF #38

USF #52

Miami #52

UCF #88

FAU RNP

FSU RNP

FIU UR

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-medical-schools

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving up the rankings 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UCF is still a relative baby. They took Rel Larkin, our COM admissions director and some of our faculty when they started up. I know one of our ex faculty members who had worked at Miami, then USF and bolted to UCF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 11:55 AM, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

UCF is still a relative baby. They took Rel Larkin, our COM admissions director and some of our faculty when they started up. I know one of our ex faculty members who had worked at Miami, then USF and bolted to UCF.

:smileys-money-702364:all about the money and opportunities offered.

 

PS-- @dclenden thank you for posting this-- interesting stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Proud to have a Foundation Grant Fund in my name for Internal Medicine... USFs Medical School is a HUGE part of my success. I recent had to have a large section of my colon removed and was in the James A Haley VA for 7 days.. my care was overseen by USF residents and truly, they did a great job... made me very proud to be a Bull!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Skingraft said:

Proud to have a Foundation Grant Fund in my name for Internal Medicine... USFs Medical School is a HUGE part of my success. I recent had to have a large section of my colon removed and was in the James A Haley VA for 7 days.. my care was overseen by USF residents and truly, they did a great job... made me very proud to be a Bull!

I no longer work at the COM but I really do miss the students. For the most part they were all really great people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When they announced the move downtown, the number of applicants really shot up.  As a result, they are able to be very selective as to the students being admitted.  This can only help our rankings moving forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder how long until UCF surpasses us in this ranking too or if that's just in sports..

  • ???? 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, USFBulls12 said:

Wonder how long until UCF surpasses us in this ranking too or if that's just in sports..

As long as it takes for them to figure out how to misuse funds from Athletics and funnel them to the Med school ...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

Wonder how long until UCF surpasses us in this ranking too or if that's just in sports..

Jokes aside, they will take a very long time to pass our med school. Even as they've done well on athletic fronts, their academic growth has lagged far behind ours, and unlike in sports, they can't construct an erector set imaging lab and try and compare it to CAMLS. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...