• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Play at Jacksonville and Bethune-Cookman In Midweek Contests 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

USF ATHLETICS GoUSFBulls.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Web Link: http://bit.ly/2CjrM4x

MATCHUPS: USF at Jacksonville | USF at Bethune-Cookman
SCHEDULE: Tuesday, 7 p.m. | Wednesday, 6 p.m.
LOCATIONS: Jacksonville, John Sessions Stadium | Daytona Beach, Jackie Robinson Park
FOLLOW:
Live Stats – Tuesday | Wednesday, Twitter updates @USFBaseball
RADIO LINKS: BullsUnlimited (Both games)
WATCH: ESPN+ (Tuesday)
GAME NOTES

Bulls Play at Jacksonville and Bethune-Cookman In Midweek Contests 

USF plays the Dolphins on Tuesday and the Wildcats on Wednesday

TAMPA, March 11, 2019 – The USF baseball team gets ready for a pair of midweek road games, first at Jacksonville at Tuesday followed by Bethune-Cookman on Wednesday.

The Bulls (7-6) dropped a tough series to an 11-3 Liberty team over the weekend. The Flames had already defeat ranked programs like South Carolina and Wake Forest earlier in the season. Senior righty Alec Wisely (Jacksonville) had his best start in the second game against Liberty, tossing 7.0 innings to match a career high in a USF uniform.

Wisely allowed just five hits and two runs (one earned), while striking out a pair. He was named to the American Athletic Conference Weekly Honor Roll on Monday. Junior Austin Bodrato (Northvale, N.J.) hit .444 with a homer, a double, two runs and two RBI. 

Junior right hander Ben Koff (Gainesville, Fla.) is making the start against the Dolphins Tuesday. He leads the team with a 1.38 ERA in 13.0 innings. Redshirt junior righty Dylan Burns (Vero Beach, Fla.) will make his second start of the year on Wednesday in Daytona Beach. 

The Matchup

The Bulls and Dolphins have a long history going back to 1966, and Tuesday marks the 111th meeting. The Dolphins hold a slim 57-55 edge in the series. USF and JU split last season's series, both winning at home. The Bulls are seeking their first win in Jacksonville since 2007.

USF is 60-17 against Bethune-Cookman all-time, having won 6-of-7. The two teams met in the Gainesville Regional in 2017 and split a pair of NCAA tournament games. The Bulls drubbed the Wildcats in Daytona Beach last season, 16-1.   

Know the Foe
The Dolphins are 9-6 and on a five-game winning streak after sweeping Brown in a four-game series over the weekend.

Senior infielder Angel Camacho is 14th nationally with a .462 average. He leads the team with five homers, 14 RBI and 14 runs. Junior infielder Dakota Julylia is second on the team with a .333 average, 12 RBI and 13 runs.

The pitching staff in 19th in the country with a 3.33 strikeout-to-walk ratio.

Nota-Bulls

• Senior Joe Genord (Lake worth, Fla.) leads the Bulls with four homers and is now fifth in program history with 35 career long balls.
  • The Bulls are 24th nationally with 1.15 home runs per game.
  • Junior Jordan Santos (Tampa) is 11th in the country with 1.25 walks per game, leading the team and conference with 15.

Bulls Bits

• DID YOU KNOW?: USF has the only Division I coaching staff in the state of Florida in which every member was selected in the MLB Draft – head coach Billy Mohl (2006, Philadelphia); assistants Chuck Jeroloman (2004, Boston), Chris Cates (2007, Minnesota), Brian Jeroloman(2006, Toronto). The Bulls' coaching staff has a combined 25 years of playing experience in pro baseball.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Could use a couple of wins here but JU is usually pretty tough.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

No Zech is not hurt.  He's been getting benched lately.  Too many Ks I guess

Who is the guy doing the game for USF radio?  He's very confusing with his description of the action.  Never thought I'd say it, but I miss Jim Louk

I can undersand that but man, we need someone who can play right to let Bodrato DH. 

Just now, JoeB said:

Who is the guy doing the game for USF radio?  He's very confusing with his description of the action.  Never thought I'd say it, but I miss Jim Louk

I believe Derek Sharp has been doing some play by play with Louk but he may be solo tonight. 

Maybe it is Derek Sharp.  He gets too excited during the play and it affects his call.  Bodrato is already in the lineup so he's not really affected.  We haven't found a true DH for our lineup.  The latest attempt is Jake Sullivan for DH

Yeah I think Bodrato needs to be the DH, his outfield play is questionable. I think I might take Zech and his strikeouts in the lineup at right over anyone that we have put at DH. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

We are now pitching a position player in a tied game in the 7th....well not tied anymore.  Down 8-7.  We have zero guys left if the game goes to extra innings