• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Vs Liberty: Series info and discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,090
  • Days Won:  56

7 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

In people's opinion, whose fault is this?  Are we just not doing a good enough job in recruiting, or in developing our players? 

I don't know enough about College Baseball to know what goes into making a top caliber team, but it seems to me, being a large AAC school in the state of Florida with a nice facility - that we should be doing better than we are. 

I know we have made NCAA Regionals, but never seem to be quite good enough to make it to the next level.  I understand the Florida and Florida States will always get the best players but it seems like we should do better than we do.

Losing Ragsdale and Hoffman to injuries is really big. Both of those guys figured to be high-leverage pitchers. Offensively, you don't replace the production of Villar and Montes with two true freshmen. It figured to be a reload year that's now a rebuild year without two of your best arms.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

9 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Bullpen depth is gonna be the downfall. It was coming in with the more experience than the starting rotation and injuries have decimated it. Really need Dutka to come back. 

Dutka had surgery on his wrist last week.  He'll be out for a while