• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This MBB Team vs. past USF teams

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I really like what CBG and Co. have done with the program and the style of basketball we are playing. It's not Stan's slow-em-down and put them to sleep strategy, but it works great for us.

The talent is upgraded at all positions; we have a deeper bench nowadays; the guys play all-out the entire game; and CBG & Co. have really worked hard at coaching the players. You can tell the players aren't just running around like some of the past teams we've had. Have we seen this kind offensive ball movement in the last ten years?

USF Men's hoops is back!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

What I love is that this is a young team that has time to grow and mature. Talented but still make a lot of mental errors which can be corrected and free throw shooting.

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:

What I love is that this is a young team that has time to grow and mature. Talented but still make a lot of mental errors which can be corrected and free throw shooting.

Yeah on the radio last night towards the end of the game, Jim Louk was commenting about the mental mistakes and how its all about growing pains and teaching points.  The good news is, as you say, team is young and should learn from these mental mistakes and hopefully not make them in the future.  The future is bright and that is something we can be excited about.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

20 wins is not out of the realm of possibilities for this season by any means.  That's INSANE!!!!! Even with a soft non conference schedule I would have never guessed this.  So proud of this team and excited for the future. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

12 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Yeah on the radio last night towards the end of the game, Jim Louk was commenting about the mental mistakes and how its all about growing pains and teaching points.  The good news is, as you say, team is young and should learn from these mental mistakes and hopefully not make them in the future.  The future is bright and that is something we can be excited about.

One play toward the end Durr got called for an illegal screen.  CBG got as upset as he shows. Initially thought it was toward the ref but it was directed toward Durr.  I notice the screens on this team are miss timed often.  Leave too early or show up too late.  Have we seen many times when setting a ball screen has resulted in a pick and roll?  We seem to have trouble getting passes through on those plays. Tulane ran the same pick and roll successfully with their big guy 6 or more times it seemed.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Hopefully next year we will up the nonconference schedule. It was a good strategy this year but can’t be repeated going forward if we are serious about making an ncaa Tournament run. I don’t know much about Dawson but I hope he is a shooter. We need two legitimate shooters on this team. And...for the love of Christ...please please work on free throws. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

One play toward the end Durr got called for an illegal screen.  CBG got as upset as he shows. Initially thought it was toward the ref but it was directed toward Durr.  I notice the screens on this team are miss timed often.  Leave too early or show up too late.  Have we seen many times when setting a ball screen has resulted in a pick and roll?  We seem to have trouble getting passes through on those plays. Tulane ran the same pick and roll successfully with their big guy 6 or more times it seemed.  

Durr's screens are something that have stuck out to me this season.  He gets really lazy with them and I'm surprised he hasn't been called on it more but I think it'll be an aspect that should be easy to fix in the offseason. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  1

We'll get the 20th win on Sunday and should add another during the Conference Tournament.The starting seven are back next year in addition to two three-star recruits and Zach Dawson (if he has his life straightened out).  Durr will bulk up this summer and Yetna should continue to improve.  This should give USF the talent to compete and perhaps split with the teams at the top next year.  A reasonable goal of 11 or 12 wins in conference next year is attainable.  Losing our point guard for the rest of this season is a blow, but we should still be able to finish on a high note.  Those 2 point loses to Tulsa, and Temple really hurt, but as CBG likes to say "we know who we are."

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

39 minutes ago, abochner said:

We'll get the 20th win on Sunday and should add another during the Conference Tournament.The starting seven are back next year in addition to two three-star recruits and Zach Dawson (if he has his life straightened out).  Durr will bulk up this summer and Yetna should continue to improve.  This should give USF the talent to compete and perhaps split with the teams at the top next year.  A reasonable goal of 11 or 12 wins in conference next year is attainable.  Losing our point guard for the rest of this season is a blow, but we should still be able to finish on a high note.  Those 2 point loses to Tulsa, and Temple really hurt, but as CBG likes to say "we know who we are."

Still need another shooter...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Still need another shooter...

Zack Dawson is a pretty good shooter and he'll be eligible next season. 

Edited by Calibull