• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls at Tulane - In Game Discussion (8:00pm EST ESPN3)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Does this mean it is time to start a "hire a new strength and conditioning coach for MBB" thread?

I don’t think so. To me it is based on their style of play. Teams that drive the ball as much as us are going to tack some knocks and that will add up as the season goes on. Although they played through those it does have impact in those close physical games (which we lost down the stretch). We did have two or theee injuries this year where a player missed a game but that happens to all teams. As I said earlier the big issue is that we have a bunch of players who have never been a part of the grind of college basketball.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

What a season. Unexpected 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

As I said earlier the big issue is that we have a bunch of players who have never been a part of the grind of college basketball. 

Of our 10 top minutes guys, only 2 played a full season at this level last year, with only 2 more having ever played a full season at this level ..... I really don't know how that factors in but I'm guessing we haven't played a whole lot of teams with that little experience. Just more evidence of the great job CBG and staff has done this year, getting this close to the 20 win mark.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Of our 10 top minutes guys, only 2 played a full season at this level last year, with only 2 more having ever played a full season at this level ..... I really don't know how that factors in but I'm guessing we haven't played a whole lot of teams with that little experience. Just more evidence of the great job CBG and staff has done this year, getting this close to the 20 win mark.

Hope he gets coach of the year...very deserving..

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Great coach. Great staff. Good players with really good attitudes; I think they are better people than they are players. That says a lot.

Man, I've not felt this good about USF bball in a longgggggg time!

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Of our 10 top minutes guys...

Let me stop you right there. When was the last time we had 10 guys playing meaningful minutes? That is an accomplishment in and of itself. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

Let me stop you right there. When was the last time we had 10 guys playing meaningful minutes? That is an accomplishment in and of itself. 

That, sir, is a brilliant observation ....