• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

bullcocky101

Longest major sports conference championship droughts AAC

5 minutes ago, G8RLegist said:

Yes, and I also know that you want the GPA's and SAT's to be even higher. USF just qualified as a preeminent university and wants to maintain, or even increase, its status. National exposure is required for that to happen (well, maybe not required, but certainly helpful). National exposure can be a direct result of winning in football/basketball/baseball. Oh, and having a large number of students does not necessarily help a university increase its clout or UCF would be more liked.

While I won't argue with it helping, we did spike in applications after the #2 in 2007, but haven't come close to anything like that since and yet still reached the preeminent status.

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

While I won't argue with it helping, we did spike in applications after the #2 in 2007, but haven't come close to anything like that since and yet still reached the preeminent status.

Yep.  Judy did a great job over the last 18 years of making that happen. Let's hope the next president can continue her work while also finding a way to help athletics improve the same way.