• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm Calling Out the MBB Starters - NIKOLA SCEKIC

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,451
  • Days Won:  13

I honestly thought he should have played more. He seemed to match up well with Taco and was giving him a little bit of trouble the little time he was in there.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  1

That three point shot was a disgrace as was the missed free throw.   Coach was not happy.  Do like his attitude.  Disappointing that UCFwanted it more

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

First, my title isn't what you think it is.

I was happy to see Nikola get some minutes against UCF. I don't know Nik, and I don't know how he carries himself in practice, but what I see at the games is a guy who is into the games, always celebrating his teammates accomplishments. He went from starter to very few minutes, not because of his fault, but because our coach upgraded the players around him. It would be very easy for a player in that circumstance to be bitter, quit and all sorts of negative things. I see none of that. 

Our next home game will be his senior day against a team we can (and should beat). Our starters need to play inspired basketball, slam their foot on the gas pedal and not let up so we can take control of the game and make sure he gets some quality playing time. 

Nice thought, Nice read on this guy

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, abochner said:

That three point shot was a disgrace as was the missed free throw.   Coach was not happy.  Do like his attitude.  Disappointing that UCFwanted it more

Don't think he's the first guy on this team to miss a couple of FTs and a 3 point attempt in the same game.  

I've watched the guy in practice and he works hard ALL THE TIME.  

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I saw who the OP was, not knowing the context, and I was like.... ummm.. somebody done ****** up

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

From what I understand, he's obviously disappointed with not playing, who wouldn't be, but didn't really have a viable option for leaving ..... but as Mike stated, it sure appears like he's been a great teammate. One thing though, and maybe I missed he was injured, he got zero playing time against Florida College. That seemed strange to me.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

One thing though, and maybe I missed he was injured, he got zero playing time against Florida College. That seemed strange to me.

He was in uniform for that game. I was very surprised that he didn't get minutes then. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

From what I understand, he's obviously disappointed with not playing, who wouldn't be, but didn't really have a viable option for leaving ..... but as Mike stated, it sure appears like he's been a great teammate. One thing though, and maybe I missed he was injured, he got zero playing time against Florida College. That seemed strange to me.

I wondered about the Florida College game, but clearly Coach Gregory had a reason. The fact that he played against UCF tells me it was probably something like a minor injury, cold or something like that and not that he was in trouble. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

15 hours ago, Skingraft said:

I saw who the OP was, not knowing the context, and I was like.... ummm.. somebody done ****** up

It's good to know I've built a reputation here :)