• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Week 1 Wisconsin Team Will Be in Transition

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

6 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Wisconsin will transition in plenty of time to destroy us.

Ah, tradition. Glad you're embracing that again. 😀

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

I have no idea how the defense will look next year but for the love of God, please stop with the bowls being some kind of an indicator for the following season nonsense. Post season exhibition games are a crap shoot, depending on the mindset of the players for both teams ......

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, USFRaider said:

I am a firm believer in the old cliche "you are only as good as your last game".  In USF's last game, they gave up almost 300 yards rushing and 5 TD's on the ground to Marshall.  Wisconsin beat another team from Florida by a score of 35-3.    Wisconsin has a much better RB than Marshall can ever dream of having.  USF has pretty much the same mediocre defensive coaching staff and pretty much the same players.  You do the math.

Good points. There would have to be dramatic improvement.....almost an unrealistic amount....for us to beat Wisconsin. I had gotten used to watching us get walloped by Marshall, Tulane, and everybody else over those last six games. Even an absolutely awful UConn team ran all over us.  Wisconsin could look like our games vs. FSU and Dalvin Cook.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Wisconcin could come out and look like crap. I hate that everyone thinks just because they're in the B1G that they will be great. It's just not so. Every team has turn over, scjeme changes and i juries to overcome. Just because a team has been good doesn't mean they will be again.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

Heres a thought.  Bring in Wisc's QB to USF.  I'm sure he's leaving Wisconsin with no thought of going to a contender for a Nat'l Championship.  Not sure if even if he can tell us what plays are coming that we could stop them but it couldn't hurt.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  10

30 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Not sure if even if he can tell us what plays are coming that we could stop them but it couldn't hurt.  

Ah, a fellow Patriots fan!!  😀

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

The defense was awful because the players were subpar. Badly need grad transfers on the D. I would take 11 if there was room. 

I have never seen a group that couldn't tackle a fat accountant in a phone booth. Strong should have played freshmen down the stretch. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Azmodi said:

Wisconcin could come out and look like crap. I hate that everyone thinks just because they're in the B1G that they will be great. It's just not so. Every team has turn over, scjeme changes and i juries to overcome. Just because a team has been good doesn't mean they will be again.

No telling for sure what we or Wisconsin will look like in 2019, but they will likely be a step up from the Marshall or Tulane teams that thumped us at the end of last season. Last  I saw of this team was losing six straight, and having Charlie explain week after week that the team wasn't prepared. Have to see something different to believe it.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Heres a thought.  Bring in Wisc's QB to USF.  I'm sure he's leaving Wisconsin with no thought of going to a contender for a Nat'l Championship.  Not sure if even if he can tell us what plays are coming that we could stop them but it couldn't hurt.  

Wisconsin doesn't ask their QB's to do too much so if he  can't compete there I wouldn't want him here.  Their QB's are just game managers that need to not turn the ball over and be efficient passing the ball off of the play action and anything more than that is just gravy for them.   If a kid can't do that up there I wouldn't want him in Bell's offense where the QB is asked to do more.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

10 hours ago, Azmodi said:

It's not because they're big 10 it's because the strength of their program is one of the biggest weakness of ours, and has been our biggest weakness for years.   Wisconsin is physical and runs the hell out of the football and has for years and USF, even going back to CJL, has always struggled mightily with physical power run teams.  Add in the fact that they have built their reputation on having good-great offensive line play through several different HC's and that's why people are not very confident going into this game.  All of that is taken into consideration before we even look at both teams seasons last year and what they have coming back.  This is not a favorable match up for us.  Can we win?  Yes!  But it's going to take a ton of improvement between now and September and some bounces really going our way.   More than likely they wear us down with the run and pull away from us.  I have them winning by 3 scores.... 

Edited by Bull Dozer