• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Week 1 Wisconsin Team Will Be in Transition

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just now, Azmodi said:

Or because they were finally made to play sideline to sideline and to cover the entire field. God knows it's been ages since we had a defense that did that.

We made FSU do that while CWT was still here and still got Dalvin Cook'd.   We have to stop the run or at least slow it down enough to keep them honest when they have the ball.   If we don't our offense better be the truth because we will need to score in bunches, fast, and while not turning the ball over.   That is a razor thin margin so this game depends on us stopping the run, period.  

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

We made FSU do that while CWT was still here and still got Dalvin Cook'd.   We have to stop the run or at least slow it down enough to keep them honest when they have the ball.   If we don't our offense better be the truth because we will need to score in bunches, fast, and while not turning the ball over.   That is a razor thin margin so this game depends on us stopping the run, period.  

Correction, we did it for 1 quarter and we didn't make them play the entire field horizontally as well as vertically. You have to play the entire game. The last time I saw our offense do that was in the Matt Grothe era.

Edited by Azmodi

3 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Correction, we did it for 1 quarter and we didn't make them play the entire field horizontally as well as vertically. You have to play the entire game. The last time I saw our offense do that was in the Matt Grothe era.

Wait?  So we're arguing that the GCO didn't use the entire field?  That is asinine LMAO 

12 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Wait?  So we're arguing that the GCO didn't use the entire field?  That is asinine LMAO 

Check out the plays of the GCO. Think about it, yes we had Jet-Sweeps and they were effective. What we didn't have was a Passing game that could constantly and accurately hit short, long and intermediate passing plays. We did not have the offensive personnel. We had some super stars, there is no question about that. We just didn't have an offense that continually attacked the entire field. We either ran a trick play or went long. 

We did not have designed plays to attack the field in a systematic way, we had Q. You are or were a coach, go back and read all our complaints about missed opportunities and offensive shortcomings. 

We have a chance to run an offense that can target the entire field because;

1, We have an Accurate passer.

2, We have speed in our specialty players

3, We have speed on our line.

We have never had speed throughout the team before as we do now. Nor have we had a Passer who could throw every pass with a coach who is pro passing. I think this year could be special in many ways.

I could also be completely wrong and off my rocker.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

I am a firm believer in the old cliche "you are only as good as your last game".  In USF's last game, they gave up almost 300 yards rushing and 5 TD's on the ground to Marshall.  Wisconsin beat another team from Florida by a score of 35-3.    Wisconsin has a much better RB than Marshall can ever dream of having.  USF has pretty much the same mediocre defensive coaching staff and pretty much the same players.  You do the math.

Edited by USFRaider
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Check out the plays of the GCO. Think about it, yes we had Jet-Sweeps and they were effective. What we didn't have was a Passing game that could constantly and accurately hit short, long and intermediate passing plays. We did not have the offensive personnel. We had some super stars, there is no question about that. We just didn't have an offense that continually attacked the entire field. We either ran a trick play or went long. 

We did not have designed plays to attack the field in a systematic way, we had Q. You are or were a coach, go back and read all our complaints about missed opportunities and offensive shortcomings. 

We have a chance to run an offense that can target the entire field because;

1, We have an Accurate passer.

2, We have speed in our specialty players

3, We have speed on our line.

We have never had speed throughout the team before as we do now. Nor have we had a Passer who could throw every pass with a coach who is pro passing. I think this year could be special in many ways.

I could also be completely wrong and off my rocker.

2016 was faster Adams, Mack, and MVS are faster than all of their current skill position counter parts by a good margin.  We attacked all areas of the field with the passing game from the short screens outside, TE's up the seam intermediate, to deep posts and go routes just to name a few basic things.  Maybe you drank a bit too much while watching us in 2016 and don't remember what that offense looked like...   Also 2016 was a much deeper team with guys like DJ being changes of paces guys and a much more consistent offensive line.   I get that we're all excited about bell but this is just ridiculous to say we had more talent on offense.  TYREE FREAKING MCCANTS was a role player in 2016, and he was more athletic that season than he was this season with his added weight.  I'm excited for Bell's offense too but to suggest our current personnel is better and more athletic/explosive is just silly.  Agree to disagree here......   

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

I am a firm believer in the old cliche "you are only as good as your last game".  In USF's last game, they gave up almost 300 yards rushing and 5 TD's on the ground to Marshall.  Wisconsin beat another team from Florida by a score of 35-3.    Wisconsin has a much better RB than Marshall can ever dream of having.  USF has pretty much the same mediocre defensive coaching staff and pretty much the same players.  You do the math.

This team will have to make major leaps forward on both sides of the ball to beat Wisconsin.   I want the Bulls to win in the worst way but we're going to have to be miles better than we were last season and part of that better is going to have to be guys getting bigger, stronger, faster and not just scheme changes.... 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

This team will have to make major leaps forward on both sides of the ball to beat Wisconsin.   I want the Bulls to win in the worst way but we're going to have to be miles better than we were last season and part of that better is going to have to be guys getting bigger, stronger, faster and not just scheme changes.... 

Agree with this 100 percent. 

7 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

2016 was faster Adams, Mack, and MVS are faster than all of their current skill position counter parts by a good margin.  We attacked all areas of the field with the passing game from the short screens outside, TE's up the seam intermediate, to deep posts and go routes.  Maybe you drank a bit too much while watching us in 2016 and don't remember what that offense looked like...   Also 2016 was a much deeper team with guys like DJ being changes of paces guys and a much more consistent offensive line.   I get that we're all excited about bell but this is just ridiculous to say we had more talent on offense.  TYREE FREAKING MCCANTS was a role player in 2016, and he was more athletic that season than he was this season with his added weight.  I'm excited for Bell's offense too but to suggest our current personnel is better and more athletic/explosive is just silly.  Agree to disagree here......   

Urm I think you need to relax. I never said they were better in any thing I wrote. What I said was that we have more speed throughout the team. Further more, How can we have attacked the entire field when constantly the midrange passes were either in the dirt, over the receivers head or simply not thrown. I am not drinking anything and I did watch the games.

I'm not saying Bell is the entire answer himself, simply a piece of the puzzle. I think we may have all the pieces in place and that's all I'm saying. I could be dead wrong and admitted that. At least I'm not jumping up and down about stats. Hell we had that eye popping stats last year and look where that got us.

I'm just recalling that we had poor coaching, poor conditioning and injuries. We also played a terrible schedule. I know I watched.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

58 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

They just reload up front it's what they do.   Take a look at their all time rushing stats below for seasons and all time.  The vast majority of their single season and all time leaders are within the last 20 or so years.  There are 3 certainties in life;  death, taxes, and Wisconsin reloading on the OL.  

image.png.653543d84740663223637bd81bd69a89.png

If we beat Wisconsin it won't be because of what they lost, it will be because of what this team became this off season.  

Again I am not suggesting we will beat them...I just think it will be a lot closer than what people think. If KB can get accentuate our speed, provide multiple quick and medium routes then we will get our chances to run the ball too (that’s pass to set up the run). In terms of defense it will be stack the box time. Whisky will get their points and move the ball but we will get a few stops along the way.