• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

39 Bowl Games and McMurphy says USF gets NOTHING and will like it!

Guest Jonesy Bull
9 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

I still wonder how much Charlie will handcuff bell and the offense. I can see him forcing bell to slow it down if he thinks we are going too fast as he claimed in his intro press conference

If this indeed does happen and he handcuffs Bell and the offense, then Michael Kelly will not hesitate to turn the page.  However, I don't see that happening as CCS is smart enough to realize his career is on the line.  If he is too stupid or stubborn to see that then he has already hung himself.

I do agree with Raider that it would be very good scenario for us long term to see what Michael Kelly's connections would get us in a next coach.  I think we would be very happy.......Time will tell I suppose.  In the meantime, I'm still going to go to USF games and root for my team next year just as hard regardless of who the coach is.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Charlie Strong is not going anyplace.  There is absolutely no indication nor reason for him to handcuff the offense.  The silliness expressed on this board sometimes...  guy hasn't coached a game and Strong told him he can run the offense as he see fits and people already have him handcuffed.  "If indeed this does happen".. da fug?  Sounds a lot like Taggarts 3rd season to be honest.  The one the team made it's big turn when many here wanted Taggart fired.  lol  different characters same cast...

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,206
  • Days Won:  422

8 minutes ago, Calibull said:

The silliness expressed on this board sometimes...  

The silliness is what keeps the board hoppin' at times ... Do you realize how boring it would be if everybody took the rational, common sense approach that you and I regularly do?

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, USFRaider said:

If the team wins next year, and turns around the downward trajectory that started in 2017, then great, he can stay and build on that in 2020.  But if that long trip down the drain continues to transpire he will be gone in 2020, you can bank on that.  You seem to be a Strong fan, which is fine, I guess you like mediocre coaching, poor decision making, and are stuck in the past. Great, we are all entitled to our own opinions.  But that seat is warm for Mr. Strong my friend, and if you don't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

1. In my opinion, this team will be good next year. I love CCS 1st  two recruiting classes, the transfers he brought and a our new coaching staff. 

2. Yes, i am a big Strong fan and felt he should have gotten a coaching job at UF. I do not think he is a bad coach, i just think he needs to find the right situation and think USF is perfect for him. 

3. I'm no longer a Gator fan when it comes to football. I wasn't really a fan when I attended UF. I only became a fan b/c i had a few classmates and friends that  played for the team. The fans made me hate the team (I hated the gator fans arrogance, entitlement and just nasty attitudes such as the fireronzook.com website they made)

4. I'm not rationalizing nothing about UCF...except that USF nor many other teams beat them the past 2 years and the other years we lost to them we just sucked. Sometimes the team you hate is simply a BETTER team and actually will beat your team...**** happens and life goes on. 

5. And be grateful for us Gators. This team is full of ex-Gators and we taking over baby. We might even change the team name one day #Geaux Bull-Gators!!!! 

6. This post is all in jest, so dont take it as an angry post :)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  6

22 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Charlie Strong is not going anyplace.  There is absolutely no indication nor reason for him to handcuff the offense.  The silliness expressed on this board sometimes...  guy hasn't coached a game and Strong told him he can run the offense as he see fits and people already have him handcuffed.  "If indeed this does happen".. da fug?  Sounds a lot like Taggarts 3rd season to be honest.  The one the team made it's big turn when many here wanted Taggart fired.  lol  different characters same cast...

Speculation and chatter on a message board.  What a novel concept.  And if I remember correctly, you were right there calling for Taggart's head over on the 24/7 board before the Syracuse game.  You were right there with the rest of us "silly" USF fans.

Edited by USFRaider

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

39 minutes ago, Triple B said:

common sense approach that you and I regularly do?

🤣

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

18 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

I still wonder how much Charlie will handcuff bell and the offense. I can see him forcing bell to slow it down if he thinks we are going too fast as he claimed in his intro press conference

He left Gilbert to his own devices and will do the same Bell, outside of game changing things like going for it on 4th down in non-obvious situations etc.  What you saw the last two years was Gilbert's offense, nothing more nothing less.  Gilbert rode Babers and Montgomery's coattails and isn't a good OC.   There is no CCS conspiracy to control his OC's he just made a bad hire, it happens...   

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

18 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This, I suspect, is the fear we all have. CCS has said Bell has complete control of the offense. We will see...

He will, just like Gilbert did..  

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

He left Gilbert to his own devices and will do the same Bell, outside of game changing things like going for it on 4th down in non-obvious situations etc.  What you saw the last two years was Gilbert's offense, nothing more nothing less.  Gilbert rode Babers and Montgomery's coattails and isn't a good OC.   There is no CCS conspiracy to control his OC's he just made a bad hire, it happens...   

Kerwin Bell - “Coach (Charlie) Strong’s given me total control to go in and run my own system,”

The people on this board - "Watch Charlie handcuff the offense and force him to slow the offense down"