• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

39 Bowl Games and McMurphy says USF gets NOTHING and will like it!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

We can thank Mark Harlan and his expert contract negotiating skills for that one, but yes no matter what the outcome of the season is, Strong will be sitting very nicely (either a contract buy-out or off to the P5).

You think was bad, you should have seen how the whole Skippy situation went down. In all seriousness a one million dollar buyout is pretty common today...even in the AAC. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You think was bad, you should have seen how the whole Skippy situation went down. In all seriousness a one million dollar buyout is pretty common today...even in the AAC. 

Oh trust me, I remember the Holtz New Error situation.  I guess I shouldn't pretend to know the nuts and bolts of Strong's contract and buyout, because I don't, but from what I have read and been told, Harlan and Company laid out the red carpet for this guy, based on the reputation be built while at UF and Louisville.  Fast forward a few years and he still can't beat ucf and his demeanor and body language makes it look like he doesn't even want to be here.  In my opinion, I think he sucks and is vastly overrated, and I look forward to turning the page on this chapter in USF football history.

Edited by USFRaider

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,517
  • Days Won:  28

9 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Oh trust me, I remember the Holtz New Error situation.  I guess I shouldn't pretend to know the nuts and bolts of Strong's contract and buyout, because I don't, but from what I have read and been told, Harlan and Company laid out the red carpet for this guy, based on the reputation be built while at UF and Louisville.  Fast forward a few years and he still can't beat ucf and his demeanor and body language makes it look like he doesn't even want to be here.  In my opinion, I think he sucks and is vastly overrated, and I look forward to turning the page on this chapter in USF football history.

Well it shall be a long 5-9 years for you, b/c he isn't going anywhere. I see him retiring at USF. Especially now that we have Kerwin bell aboard to fix our offensive woes. I just can't see CCS getting fired anytime soon. Unless the team has another meltdown next year, then he will be here at least another 3 years. And um.....you mad b/c he hasnt beaten UCF since he's been here? Neither has any team not named LSU either!!!! They have been undefeated the past 2 years!!!! lol we have gotten closer than the other teams in our first match up, but at this point they just simply had the better team. 

12 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Well it shall be a long 5-9 years for you, b/c he isn't going anywhere. I see him retiring at USF. Especially now that we have Kerwin bell aboard to fix our offensive woes. I just can't see CCS getting fired anytime soon. Unless the team has another meltdown next year, then he will be here at least another 3 years. And um.....you mad b/c he hasnt beaten UCF since he's been here? Neither has any team not named LSU either!!!! They have been undefeated the past 2 years!!!! lol we have gotten closer than the other teams in our first match up, but at this point they just simply had the better team. 

If the team wins next year, and turns around the downward trajectory that started in 2017, then great, he can stay and build on that in 2020.  But if that long trip down the drain continues to transpire he will be gone in 2020, you can bank on that.  You seem to be a Strong fan, which is fine, I guess you like mediocre coaching, poor decision making, and are stuck in the past. Great, we are all entitled to our own opinions.  But that seat is warm for Mr. Strong my friend, and if you don't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

As far as ucf goes, I was adding in the days of Charlie's coaching at Louisville.  He couldn't beat ucf then either.  It should never be accepted or justified to lose to ucf.  I don't care who last beat them, what their record is, or who their coach or who their QB is.  To rationalize losing to them is a sign of weakness that should not be accepted by the USF fan base.  But you have "Gator" in your name, so maybe you are only fifty percent a USF fan?

Edited by USFRaider

47 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

I am giving him one more year...I need at least six wins (which is reasonable with a more difficult schedule) and a win over ucf. 

23 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

If the team wins next year, and turns around the downward trajectory that started in 2017, then great, he can stay and build on that in 2020.  But if that long trip down the drain continues to transpire he will be gone in 2020, you can bank on that.  You seem to be a Strong fan, which is fine, I guess you like mediocre coaching, poor decision making, and are stuck in the past. Great, we are all entitled to our own opinions.  But that seat is warm for Mr. Strong my friend, and if you don't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

As far as ucf goes, I was adding in the days of Charlie's coaching at Louisville.  He couldn't beat ucf then either.  It should never be accepted or justified to lose to ucf.  I don't care who last beat them, what their record is, or who their coach or who their QB is.  To rationalize losing to them is a sign of weakness that should not be accepted by the USF fan base.  But you have "Gator" in your name, so maybe you are only fifty percent a USF fan?

When have we not had that with USF football??? CJL always fizzled out at the end of the year. CWT has one year but we will really never know if he was a great one (from my perspective he was a much better recruiter than a coach).  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

When have we not had that with USF football??? CJL always fizzled out at the end of the year. CWT has one year but we will really never know if he was a great one (from my perspective he was a much better recruiter than a coach).  

It seems to be the story of USF football in its short history unfortunately.  One day a coach is going to come in here and change all that, and win division titles and conference titles and maybe even a New Years Six Bowl game.  I strongly feel (no pun intended) that Charlie Strong is not that guy.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

57 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Given it's hidden in the Alumni/Foundation books the public and media cannot know his contract but rumor strongly suggests the buyout is his entire salary for the remainder of the contract. I'm inclined to agree with that speculation.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

I still wonder how much Charlie will handcuff bell and the offense. I can see him forcing bell to slow it down if he thinks we are going too fast as he claimed in his intro press conference

21 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

It seems to be the story of USF football in its short history unfortunately.  One day a coach is going to come in here and change all that, and win division titles and conference titles and maybe even a New Years Six Bowl game.  I strongly feel (no pun intended) that Charlie Strong is not that guy.

Fair enough...you are probably correct. I’ll have a better position on this after his third year. Would love to see something special happen with football...just once...

8 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

I still wonder how much Charlie will handcuff bell and the offense. I can see him forcing bell to slow it down if he thinks we are going too fast as he claimed in his intro press conference

This, I suspect, is the fear we all have. CCS has said Bell has complete control of the offense. We will see...