• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

39 Bowl Games and McMurphy says USF gets NOTHING and will like it!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, jchem1995 said:

I don’t know ,it was a missing part of the offense and Bell likes the fun n gun .

All Wisconsin will have to do is hand the ball to Jonathan Taylor about 30 times and he will rush for almost 300 yards against our swiss cheese defense.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

All Wisconsin will have to do is hand the ball to Jonathan Taylor about 30 times and he will rush for almost 300 yards against our swiss cheese defense.

So the defense will be the same as last year? College football is predicated on the team being a duplication from one year to the next with no change? Interesting theory you have there...🤔

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So the defense will be the same as last year? College football is predicated on the team being a duplication from one year to the next with no change? Interesting theory you have there...🤔

Honest question; what has changed about this defense that makes you feel more confident that they will significantly improve? I think J Taylor is gonna go Dalvin Cook on us.

13 minutes ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Honest question; what has changed about this defense that makes you feel more confident that they will significantly improve? I think J Taylor is gonna go Dalvin Cook on us.

Well first, as already been seen, the players are getting larger (including on defense). Second, the offense will be better this year which always helps the defense. Third, if you are going off of last year, Wisconsin was pretty predesterian and they did not make any significant changes either. Fourth, three of their four loses were on the road (and they should have lost to Purdue on the road winning by three). I am not saying that USF will win this game, but believing Wisconsin is just going to come in and roll right over us? I am not buying...

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,974
  • Days Won:  469

15 minutes ago, USF Bulls Football said:

I think J Taylor is gonna go Dalvin Cook on us.

😱

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I'll be in Florida for the spring game.  I'll wait until after spring ball before I start making any predictions.  Two years ago people were pretty pleased with the defense... last season was just a bad combination of no depth, size, and experience.  I think the defense will be fine... I'm more curious about the offense.  I think potentially they can have a great year.  Say what you want, they showed glimpses with a slug like Gilbert calling plays.  I'm thinking Bell is better and the system he brings is his own.  He understands it's principles and why things are designed the way they are.  It originates with him and those guys tend to find success when their systems get good athletes.  Say what you want, Bell has won at every level he's coached and has had prolific offense doing it.  With the talent coming back they could actually do something pretty special.  I think Strong relinquishing that half of the team to Bell will work out well.  Say what you want, Strong knows a lot about defense and was a great DC.  Him just focusing on defense and not worrying about the offense will be better for the team.

Also McMurphy is garbage and his preseason bowl predictions are never correct. Not even close. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

And in other news MBB was picked to finish dead last in the AAC and WBB was picked to finish 2nd and push UConn for the American crown.  This is why we play the games.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well first, as already been seen, the players are getting larger (including on defense). Second, the offense will be better this year which always helps the defense. Third, if you are going off of last year, Wisconsin was pretty predesterian and they did not make any significant changes either. Fourth, three of their four loses were on the road (and they should have lost to Purdue on the road winning by three). I am not saying that USF will win this game, but believing Wisconsin is just going to come in and roll right over us? I am not buying...

Understood.. I’m just not there.. there aren’t a couple juco DTs and LBs coming in the door. I still have memories of Marshall running a train on our D. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Understood.. I’m just not there.. there aren’t a couple juco DTs and LBs coming in the door. I still have memories of Marshall running a train on our D. 

I am right there with you.  The Dinosaur at head coach is still overseeing the defense, and the players haven't changed, and right now the transfer portal is transferring nothing to us. Can you imagine our undersized defensive line matching up against the massive hogs that Wisconsin is going to roll out against them?  Granted there is a ton of time between now and August 30th, but as of right now, Jonathan Taylor is set up to have a field day against us.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, USFRaider said:

I am right there with you.  The Dinosaur at head coach is still overseeing the defense, and the players haven't changed, and right now the transfer portal is transferring nothing to us. Can you imagine our undersized defensive line matching up against the massive hogs that Wisconsin is going to roll out against them?  Granted there is a ton of time between now and August 30th, but as of right now, Jonathan Taylor is set up to have a field day against us.

Jesus, you people are acting like we are playing the 85 Bears. Wisconsin is very beatable. Maybe thir RB goes off or maybe he does not but Wisconsin better be concerned with our offense too...bunch of heavy Midwest defensive linemen will be out of gas in the humidity with a KB offense. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1