• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Let's talk football!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

On 2/18/2019 at 8:57 PM, Corey lea said:

Does anyone know when spring practice begins or has the spring game been set?- Not that I have heard.

What do you expect from KB and the offense?  An offense that is tailored to our personnel's strengths and helps to mask their weaknesses.  Multi-level route concepts instead of everyone at the same depth in Gilberts offense (all go's or all come backs) and actually using tempo in an effective manor instead of just going fast so we can run it inside the tackles again.  

What do you expect from the defense?  Improved secondary play because we were so young back there last season.  More consistent play from the DT's.  They were young and all of them are either Juniors or Sophomores so they should be entering their prime as players and we got 4 deep with guys who go meaningful snaps last season.   

What positions should be addressed through the portal? LB, DE, CB, OT should all be looked at.   LB and DE are the most glaring needs, with OT depth right behind it.  

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

What do you expect from KB and the offense?  He will utilize the speed in which may be one of our fastest teams.  From the eye test I gave their film (I am not stating their speed as facts), Horne, McDoom and Joiner should all be 4.3 40yd guys. St. Felix and Jenard Phillips look to be 4.4 speed guys. Zion Roland and Clerveaux are great possession receivers with some great hands that should get us the much needed 1st downs. At running back we have Ford who probably has the sharpest cutting ability on our team in addition to 4.4 40yd speed. Cronkrite is at about 4.5 maybe high 4.4 40yd speed. Brian Norris will serve as our bruiser back. We also have Josh Berry whose film was impressive. Add in Wilcox, a 4 star tight end transfer, an improved offensive line with some freshman that may see some playing time and a transfer from Vtech and there should be NO REASON to not score at least 30pts per game if no 40…hell Kerwin Bell shall lay 70 pts on a few teams next year!!!! (thats the fan boy in me talking) The offens shall be night and day from last year.

What do you expect from the defense? To be honest, I really like some of the incoming players. Tyrik Jones, Thomas Nance, DEMAUREZ BELLAMY, Jason Vaughn, and Darius Williams may hurt a few portal transfers feelings coming in at DE and Linebacker b/c I do not see any of them redshirting. Last recruiting class, we had some intriguing players that may finally crack the line up. John Waller has the perfect size, just needed conditioning. Leacock came in already in the top 5 of strongest players on our team. Hopefully he learned a lot during his freshman year. Laing was averaging 20 sacks per year in high school.  If he can at least give us 25% of the stats he made in high school he would be a top 5 defensive player. As for the rest of the defense that played last year, they are all experienced and should currently be hitting the weight room and working on their conditioning.

What positions should be addressed through the portal? LB, DE, OL I think we can all agree with that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Basketball is still going strong 

Define strong.  

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

Just checked the roster on Gousfbulls.com and early enrollees are now up and was glad to see Devontraes Dukes and Arman Williams now listed on the roster.  I guess they worked their way back in to the program.  

https://gousfbulls.com/roster.aspx?path=football

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Just checked the roster on Gousfbulls.com and early enrollees are now up and was glad to see Devontraes Dukes and Arman Williams now listed on the roster.  I guess they worked their way back in to the program.  

https://gousfbulls.com/roster.aspx?path=football

i think we need a "sweet" emoji. Use Joey Lawrence's picture lol Those are the 2 main players i wanted back. Maybe Boyles.