• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lightning continue to Roll

Guest Jonesy Bull

Guest Jonesy Bull

Pathetic performance by the Bolts in the 2nd and 3rd periods last night.......not their usual aggressive selves, not sure what the deal was.  I'm not overly worried yet, having said that Game 2 is huge (not a must win but close to it)!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Bad start to this thing

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I’ve chuckled all season at some of the sports boards from Bolts fans about how this team was easily going to win the cup. I chalk it up to Floridans still learning about playoff hockey. In essence the regular season means absolutely nothing in the NHL. There is a reason that the last eastern team to win the Stanley Cup was the Rangers back in 1994. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I’ve chuckled all season at some of the sports boards from Bolts fans about how this team was easily going to win the cup. I chalk it up to Floridans still learning about playoff hockey.

Wait, you mean there are parts of a fan base with totally unrealistic expectations?

There is a reason that the last eastern team to win the Stanley Cup was the Rangers back in 1994. 

Big NHL fan, are ya?

33 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Wait, you mean there are parts of a fan base with totally unrealistic expectations?

Big NHL fan, are ya?

Yes, I played hockey for 27 years and I am a die hard NY Rangers fan (my grandfather played for them in 1950s for two seasons). I’ve followed the comments from Bolts fans on various sites all year. There is being happy for your team and then there are really crazy comments. Some, not all, have completely underestimated the grind of the Stanley Cup. It’s without question the most difficult championship to obtain in professional sports. Bolts are the best team but it ain’t going to be the cakewalk some think.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes, I played hockey for 27 years and I am a die hard NY Rangers fan (my grandfather played for them in 1950s for two seasons). I’ve followed the comments from Bolts fans on various sites all year. There is being happy for your team and then there are really crazy comments. Some, not all, have completely underestimated the grind of the Stanley Cup. It’s without question the most difficult championship to obtain in professional sports. Bolts are the best team but it ain’t going to be the cakewalk some think.  

Floridians, especially TBL fans, are not new to the SC grind so maybe the ones you've come across are johnny come latelys .... although I'm guessing if any team had the dominating season the Bolts had in the regular season, there would be a small portion of that fanbase just as delusional with the predicting of an easy SC run. Every fanbase has those type ....

And as a long time hockey fan, what did you really mean to say here:

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

There is a reason that the last eastern team to win the Stanley Cup was the Rangers back in 1994. 

:shade:

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Floridians, especially TBL fans, are not new to the SC grind so maybe the ones you've come across are johnny come latelys .... although I'm guessing if any team had the dominating season the Bolts had in the regular season, there would be a small portion of that fanbase just as delusional with the predicting of an easy SC run. Every fanbase has those type ....

And as a long time hockey fan, what did you really mean to say here:

:shade:

Haha...you got me. It’s the only claim to fame the Rangers have left (although quiet a few could be winning the cup if the Bolts win). 

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I’ve chuckled all season at some of the sports boards from Bolts fans about how this team was easily going to win the cup. I chalk it up to Floridans still learning about playoff hockey. In essence the regular season means absolutely nothing in the NHL. There is a reason that the last eastern team to win the Stanley Cup was the Rangers back in 1994. 

I think you would be surprised, Tampa fans are actually very knowledgeable about Hockey now (that wasn't the case though several years ago).

I think the expectations are super high for this team because of the incredible regular season they had.  They didn't just win the Presidents Trophy, but totally ran away with it......To your point, the Playoffs are a totally different animal.  It indeed is a bad start, but I expect this team to bounce back in this series.....Will they win the whole Cup - who knows/ anybody's guess.

2 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I think you would be surprised, Tampa fans are actually very knowledgeable about Hockey now (that wasn't the case though several years ago).

I think the expectations are super high for this team because of the incredible regular season they had.  They didn't just win the Presidents Trophy, but totally ran away with it......To your point, the Playoffs are a totally different animal.  It indeed is a bad start, but I expect this team to bounce back in this series.....Will they win the whole Cup - who knows/ anybody's guess.

I think they will win it too but will get pushed by the Capitals and perhaps the Bruins (assuming no upsets). Like any pro team that does well there are always bandwagon fans and those are the least knowledgeable. We actually have that with the Redsox. They are known as “pink hat” fans. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
59 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think they will win it too but will get pushed by the Capitals and perhaps the Bruins (assuming no upsets). Like any pro team that does well there are always bandwagon fans and those are the least knowledgeable. We actually have that with the Redsox. They are known as “pink hat” fans. 

Redsox fans actually have a reason to be arrogant given their recent world series titles.....but i remember back in the day they were miserable with a "Yankee complex" group of fans.  Times have a changed.