• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football event tonight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

CCS is just not connecting with young players in Florida. It's a bad sign when you have to use some sort of "portal" to fill out your roster. We're not asking him to recruit Idaho 

I'm not sure if this is true.  I brought up the portal with BJM.  I said I think the portal will be great for a school like USF.   This allows us to get kids that are as talented as the FSU and UF's of the world, but are 20 pounds lighter so they need time to develop.   He agreed with me and that's when he brought up the size issue and playing guys to young.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

CCS is just not connecting with young players in Florida. It's a bad sign when you have to use some sort of "portal" to fill out your roster. We're not asking him to recruit Idaho 

14 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

I'm not sure if this is true.  I brought up the portal with BJM.  I said I think the portal will be great for a school like USF.   This allows us to get kids that are as talented as the FSU and UF's of the world, but are 20 pounds lighter so they need time to develop.   He agreed with me and that's when he brought up the size issue and playing guys to young.  

tenor.gif?itemid=5497479

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,485

Some might not hang around here enough to know who's fishing.  For me, I just assume any statement that I don't agree with to be a troll post.  😆   I start to type a response and then about half way through I realize I'm not going to change the other person's mind so why bother and I delete it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, goingbackbull said:

If players have to lose weight to fit through this "portal" our team will get beat up in the trenches by the Power 5 teams.

• Haha 1

• Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

If players have to lose weight to fit through this "portal" our team will get beat up in the trenches by the Power 5 teams.

Perhaps heavier players are better or easier to get through the portal because it's actually a hole in the scholastic fabric and when they walk across it, they fall through.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  537

30 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Perhaps heavier players are better or easier to get through the portal because it's actually a hole in the scholastic fabric and when they walk across it, they fall through.

It's a time machine dummy.   They go through the Portal then the schools decide how old they are. If they choose a young age it gives them more time in the strength and conditioning program

• Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

12 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

It's a time machine dummy.   They go through the Portal then the schools decide how old they are. If they choose a young age it gives them more time in the strength and conditioning program

Oooh! I thought it was some sort of tranmogrifier that could transform a Gator and make him a Bull. 

Edited by Azmodi
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

now this portal-- are we talking about the various junior colleges etc that we used to send guys who had trouble qualifying academically to allow them to play and then transfer into USF once they had the grade situation where it needed to be? I recall Leavitt utilized this very well. Pretty sure that has been an ongoing method for most schools.

or is this just some joke I am missing out on. Oh well-- fish on.

Edited by MikeG

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

now this portal-- are we talking about the various junior colleges etc that we used to send guys who had trouble qualifying academically to allow them to play and then transfer into USF once they had the grade situation where it needed to be? I recall Leavitt utilized this very well. Pretty sure that has been an ongoing method for most schools.

or is this just some joke I am missing out on. Oh well-- fish on.

As of this off season, all transfers submit their names into a "portal" that is managed by the NCAA. Coaches at all NCAA institutions are able to view the players in the portal to know who is available.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

How to view the portal to see who is available:

• Haha 2