• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football event tonight

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

I'm sure athletics is aware not from this board post but from the attendance, or lack there of at this event.   I'm in no way advocating somebody getting fired etc but there should be processes and procedures for these kind of events that prevent what happened in this instance.   If this is indeed because somebody left and this was on their plate that's not acceptable either.  There should be proper off boarding processes and and contingency plans so that stuff like this is passed along to a temporary steward to makes sure those communications etc go out.   I'm not here for torches and pitchforks I'm here just completely disappointed at the lack of internal processes for this stuff at my university, or the lack of enforcing those processes.   We seem to talk a good game about prioritizing engagement and growing the donor base but in practice it appears to much less of a concern.....  

Again, we don't know what happened in this instance or what the process for this involved.

It sounds like you're assuming USF dropped the ball, disappointed that everyone on this thread who didn't get an invite, should have, but  we don't yet know what this process was. Like Brad said, there have definitely been communication yips in the past so its kind of understandable to jump to conclusions, but I don't recall a yip that involved this many posters, covering this wide range of levels. It will be interesting to see what the target demo was.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Again, we don't know what happened in this instance or what the process for this involved.

It sounds like you're assuming USF dropped the ball, disappointed that everyone on this thread who didn't get an invite, should have, but  we don't yet know what this process was. Like Brad said, there have definitely been communication yips in the past so its kind of understandable to jump to conclusions, but I don't recall a yip that involved this many posters, covering this wide range of levels. It will be interesting to see what the target demo was.

It sounds far too overthought and targeted if this was indeed intentional.  We have everyone from guys at the bottom of the donor totem pole all the way up to guys like Cousin Ricky who didn't get invited but yet somehow a guy who is admitted at the bottom of the totem pole got an invite.   This OC hire got some juice locally in the papers etc because it's Kerwin and it would seem like a real error to waste that with this event that was so specifically targeted when many across the donor base would love a chance to rub elbows with Bell,  let alone the other coaches.  This is a layup when it comes to generating excitement and engagement but either through error or overthinking it we didn't use it to it's full potential.   Yes I may be jumping to conclusions with this but this just has the feel of another case of USF doing a USF thing and making things that are very basic operations at other athletics department seem like theoretical physics... The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior.....

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Perhaps the list was exclusive to those who've made pledges to build an OCS. 🤔

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I have no skin in this but has anyone taken the unusual step of actually calling the athletic department? 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Still pissed i didnt get free bowl tickets to game after renewing before the deadline.....couldve picked up at will call after calling again on game day but by that point i was too pissy, def a disconnect in the last year with the sales dept

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,069
  • Days Won:  56

Waiting to see what the Michael Kelly tenure brings. It's early, but no splash yet for the considerable hype. Seems business as usual so far.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

It sounds far too overthought and targeted if this was indeed intentional.  We have everyone from guys at the bottom of the donor totem pole all the way up to guys like Cousin Ricky who didn't get invited but yet somehow a guy who is admitted at the bottom of the totem pole got an invite.   This OC hire got some juice locally in the papers etc because it's Kerwin and it would seem like a real error to waste that with this event that was so specifically targeted when many across the donor base would love a chance to rub elbows with Bell,  let alone the other coaches.  This is a layup when it comes to generating excitement and engagement but either through error or overthinking it we didn't use it to it's full potential.   Yes I may be jumping to conclusions with this but this just has the feel of another case of USF doing a USF thing and making things that are very basic operations at other athletics department seem like theoretical physics... The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior.....

Don't disagree with a lot you said but still interested to see what this thing actually was and the thought process behind it.

Wonder if the couple on here who actually went had to rsvp, which has been my experience with most things like this. Also, it could be enlightening if they could c&p the email that generated the invite.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

On 2/16/2019 at 8:36 PM, goingbackbull said:

He said they think they have 3 guys coming from the portal that will bring immediate size and help.   

CCS is just not connecting with young players in Florida. It's a bad sign when you have to use some sort of "portal" to fill out your roster. We're not asking him to recruit Idaho 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,881
  • Days Won:  33

On 2/17/2019 at 4:30 PM, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

@John Lewis do you have any input on this?

The event was for 2018 Football Season ticket account members who have yet to renew their season tickets.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,881
  • Days Won:  33

We are trying to schedule something for account members who have renewed their 2019 season tickets.

More details on that to come.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2