• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football event tonight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

20 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Just a general observation...my point being I would not get pissed off until I have the correct information about WHO this event was directed to. 

Are you trying to tell TBP who they should and shouldn’t get pissed off at?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm not sure if it has anything at all to do with not getting notice out, but since Andrew Goodrich (marketing) left for Syracuse his spot was empty until pretty recently.  Haven't met her yet and don't know how up to speed she is.  Just one possible reason.  

Could be, either way we need to get this fixed.  Every year we deal with stuff like this and it just seems to stay the status quo rather than being fixed.  It's hard to take athletics seriously when they talk about needing more engagement and more donors when stuff like this happens on the regular.   It may seem like a small issue but it's symptomatic of a larger problem USF has had for years.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

24 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Could be, either way we need to get this fixed. 

IF this particular situation involves something that needs to be fixed ........ I’m leaning more towards NEB’s wait and see who exactly this was targeting before firing up the torches. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

56 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Are you trying to tell TBP who they should and shouldn’t get pissed off at?

Why yes...yes I am...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

IF this particular situation involves something that needs to be fixed ........ I’m leaning more towards NEB’s wait and see who exactly this was targeting before firing up the torches. 

If we wait to fire up torches, nothing ever gets burned. What kind of way is that to go through life?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm sure athletics is aware not from this board post but from the attendance, or lack there of at this event.   I'm in no way advocating somebody getting fired etc but there should be processes and procedures for these kind of events that prevent what happened in this instance.   If this is indeed because somebody left and this was on their plate that's not acceptable either.  There should be proper off boarding processes and and contingency plans so that stuff like this is passed along to a temporary steward to makes sure those communications etc go out.   I'm not here for torches and pitchforks I'm here just completely disappointed at the lack of internal processes for this stuff at my university, or the lack of enforcing those processes.   We seem to talk a good game about prioritizing engagement and growing the donor base but in practice it appears to much less of a concern.....  

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

32 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I’m not getting or planning on getting pissed off.  I think many were sharing information in an effort to determine who the targeted demo was.  Figuring out what it was is half the fun.  Of course, there is an Athletics history with no or late communications, which might lead some to believe this is the case again.  Either way, as stated earlier, I hope it was the crowd the football people expected.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

I'm sure athletics is aware not from this board post but from the attendance, or lack there of at this event.   I'm in no way advocating somebody getting fired etc but there should be processes and procedures for these kind of events that prevent what happened in this instance.   If this is indeed because somebody left and this was on their plate that's not acceptable either.  There should be proper off boarding processes and and contingency plans so that stuff like this is passed along to a temporary steward to makes sure those communications etc go out.   I'm not here for torches and pitchforks I'm here just completely disappointed at the lack of internal processes for this stuff at my university, or the lack of enforcing those processes.   We seem to talk a good game about prioritizing engagement and growing the donor base but in practice it appears to much less of a concern.....  

I have heard of some new fangled stuff called social media. Got something to do with tweets and email blasts where one click of a button and everybody knows...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,450
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I have heard of some new fangled stuff called social media. Got something to do with tweets and email blasts where one click of a button and everybody knows...

Didn't our account get suspended. Maybe that was the problem. lol

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, flsportsfan83 said:

Didn't our account get suspended. Maybe that was the problem. lol

Didn't know they suspended email accounts.