• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football event tonight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

Just curious, how did not knowing about the football event keep you and the kids from going to basketball game(s)?

It's an incentive to get people there. I, like many people, am a much bigger fan of footbal than basketball. You want me and many others at the games? Attach a football event to it and actually promote it. Especially one that gives fans a chance to meet the new OC. A position that was a lightning rod for criticism the past few years among our fanbase. I know that's probably a tough pill to swallow among basketball purists but it's the truth.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

On 2/16/2019 at 9:36 PM, goingbackbull said:

Had a great time at the football event before the hoops game tonight.  Kerwin Bell has the IT factor.   Spent some time with him. 

I said I have some advice for him and he answered it before I even said it.  Don't run the half back dive on our first play against Wisky.  LOL

He loves the size and athleticism of the O-Line.  Loves Jennings at OT. Said he is shocked how big he is and is very athletic. 

From the looks of that video where the football players took part of the halftime show, Jennings was looking like he's been hitting the weight room hard. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

10 hours ago, Corey lea said:

Just curious why no one was talking about the substantive conversation with KB. Good info that took backseat to why no one got an invitation to the popcorn stand.

Because the lack of invitations is symptomatic of the disconnect between athletics and fans.  I know you don't care because you're only here for CCS rah rah stuff but to actual USF fans and season ticket holders stuff like dropping the ball on this event is a big deal.  Many we're hoping that missed opportunities like this would be a thing of the past or rarities with Kelly coming in as AD so this is a big disappointment.    As you can see by the responses in this thread there were quite a few season ticket holders who would have jumped at this opportunity if they were aware this event existed.   Who wouldn't want a chance to spend a few minutes with the new hyped OC and BJM? Also, USF needs MORE engagement to grow their game day experience, donors, ticket holders etc.   As usual you're up in the kool aid but don't know the flavor.... 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

On 2/16/2019 at 10:31 PM, goingbackbull said:

It was at the just inside Gate B.   It was really nice. Horsd'oeuvres and open bar.     Kelly spoke too.    Football season ticket holders should have all got the email invite.  Kinda sad not many showed up.

I have season tickets and knew nothing about this. I was at the game and would have absolutely wondered over. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I wonder if this “event” was what people think it was...apparently it had nothing to do with season ticket holders....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

Because the lack of invitations is symptomatic of the disconnect between athletics and fans.  I know you don't care because you're only here for CCS rah rah stuff but to actual USF fans and season ticket holders stuff like dropping the ball on this event is a big deal.  Many we're hoping that missed opportunities like this would be a thing of the past or rarities with Kelly coming in as AD so this is a big disappointment.    As you can see by the responses in this thread there were quite a few season ticket holders who would have jumped at this opportunity if they were aware this event existed.   Who wouldn't want a chance to spend a few minutes with the new hyped OC and BJM? Also, USF needs MORE engagement to grow their game day experience, donors, ticket holders etc.   As usual you're up in the kool aid but don't know the flavor.... 

I'm not sure if it has anything at all to do with not getting notice out, but since Andrew Goodrich (marketing) left for Syracuse his spot was empty until pretty recently.  Haven't met her yet and don't know how up to speed she is.  Just one possible reason.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

Just curious, how did not knowing about the football event keep you and the kids from going to basketball game(s)?

2 hours ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

It's an incentive to get people there. I, like many people, am a much bigger fan of footbal than basketball. You want me and many others at the games? Attach a football event to it and actually promote it. Especially one that gives fans a chance to meet the new OC. A position that was a lightning rod for criticism the past few years among our fanbase. I know that's probably a tough pill to swallow among basketball purists but it's the truth.

Agree with everything you said and makes sense. He must have just worded his post wrong, he would have loved to have gone to the football event with his kids, and then taken in the game. 

48 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I wonder if this “event” was what people think it was...apparently it had nothing to do with season ticket holders....

Please post any info you have that has not already been posted about what this event was or wasn't.

17 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm not sure if it has anything at all to do with not getting notice out, but since Andrew Goodrich (marketing) left for Syracuse his spot was empty until pretty recently.  Haven't met her yet and don't know how up to speed she is.  Just one possible reason.  

I wasn't aware that Andrew had left. Tough loss as he was a valuable member of athletics imo. Wish him the best.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

21 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

Please post any info you have that has not already been posted about what this event was or wasn't.

Just a general observation...my point being I would not get pissed off until I have the correct information about WHO this event was directed to.