• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls at SMU - In Game Chat (ESPNU)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

22 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Even coming off the bench,  I think he'd contribute more than Lang or Brown have.   Defensive liability is a little harsh.  I'm not saying I want him back, just saying if he had never left, he would have been a nice additional scoring option.  He seems to be doing fine starting for SMU.

Collins repeatedly abused him last night and drew four fouls on the man. McMurray had to come out during the defensive possessions for SMU during the last two minutes because of that. I feel comfortable saying that being guarded by a 6' shooting guard was the main reason Collins scored 23 last night.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

28 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

Collins repeatedly abused him last night and drew four fouls on the man. McMurray had to come out during the defensive possessions for SMU during the last two minutes because of that. I feel comfortable saying that being guarded by a 6' shooting guard was the main reason Collins scored 23 last night.

Radio said that when McMurry hit his 3 he stared down the USF bench and barked something out. What a ****...he was the one who left USF not the other way around. Glad to see he got his ass handed to him. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I'm not saying I want him back, just saying if he had never left, he would have been a nice additional scoring option.

If he had never left, the universe may not have been set up for us to get CBG. I think him leaving was the final nail in the COA coffin and may have prolonged our misery if he had stayed ...... plus, McMurray was suspended for the first 6 games of that year. I just have the feeling that he isn't a CBG type player and wouldn't have been here even he was still around when CBG took over.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,627
  • Days Won:  6

And the best part of the whole broadcast was that the announcers didn't call us UCF once!  (I think).

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  1

1.  Kudos to Collins.  Two clutch 3 pointers.

2.  We don't win this game without the play by Durr.  They had the rebound and he forced the "ruled" jump ball that gave us a chance. If he doesn't do  that, we have to foul and it's game over.  Kudos to Michael Durr.

3. We can likely beat ECU without Yetna, but we're not the same rebounding team without him.  He adds so many dimensions to this team. If he's out two weeks or more, the challenge will be immense.

4.  At one point in the second half, we played with three true freshman on the court.  That should give all of us a sense of how far this team can go over the next three years.

5.  Will be able to keep this coach with the miserable attendance.  If we get another 3-4000 for ECU, the impression is going to be horrible.

Other conferences will be looking to grab Gregory if we manage 20 or more wins.  It's time for us to show we can support major college basketball.  Why can't we get 8,000 at the YC for UCF and Temple?  Why is there nothing locally being written about the success of this team?

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, MikeG said:

no doubt!

NINE players had points in this game from USF. Everyone who played. Every single one of those points was critically important.

A nice smelly one for you too...💩💩💩

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:
21 hours ago, MikeG said:

no doubt!

NINE players had points in this game from USF. Everyone who played. Every single one of those points was critically important.

A nice smelly one for you too...💩💩💩

you are out of your mind

what you quoted is a very positive comment about the team.

3 minutes ago, MikeG said:

well I called his comment BS as soon as he made it. I stand by that opinion-- he can quote and reason the situation to death but the way it was worded sounded like a defeated fan trying to be the first in with the bad news.

That’s just like you. You have your opinion and that’s it. You are the most closed minded person on this board. Get over yourself.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

you are out of your mind

what you quoted is a very positive comment about the team.

You are a jerk...I explained myself and all you could do is give poop symbols. Be a man and explain yourself. I gave you my opinion...

• Downvote 1

Just now, MikeG said:

grow up

That’s pot calling the kettle black...what an *******...